FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I would even love to be their for that, it would be good to see.
And it looks like quite a few of the F1 teams will be their as well.
If only Australia was closer :cry:

Lewis to demo McLaren at Goodwood
Lewis Hamilton will make his second appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, after British fans gave him a rapturous welcome at last year’s event.
He will take his McLaren MP4-23 for a spin up the legendary Goodwood hillclimb on the Sunday of this year’s Festival, which comes only a week after the British Grand Prix.
Speaking to Yahoo!, event founder Earl March said: “I am absolutely delighted to welcome Lewis back to the Festival of Speed for the second year running.
“He really thrilled the fans here last year, and I am certain that he will put on another great show for them again in July. I can’t wait.”
The theme of this year’s Festival is ‘Hawthorn to Hamilton - Britain’s Love Affair With World Motor Sport’ and will acknowledge the achievements of the many Brits who have graced Formula One over the years, including Sir Stirling Moss, Jim Clark, John Surtees and Sir Jackie Stewart.
Ferrari, BMW, Williams, Honda, Red Bull and Toyota will also attend this year’s event, which runs from July 11-13.
The Goodwood Festival has alway's been a dream trip of mine and this year's event will be a very special one indeed.
Goodwood is a great event, and having somebody as popular as Hamilton around will create a lot of interest. I'd like to see somebody give the old McLaren MP4/4 a run out - against the MP4-23 8) (Or another other decent modern Formula One car).
Goodwood is a great event, and having somebody as popular as Hamilton around will create a lot of interest. I'd like to see somebody give the old McLaren MP4/4 a run out - against the MP4-23 8) (Or another other decent modern Formula One car).

I'm surprised Hamilton hasn't asked Ron if he can take that car in particular out for a spin, that car is 20 years old, 20 years on for its all-conquering season at the hands of Prost and Senna and it is an F1 icon. I think the MP4/4 would breeze past the MP4-23 on a runway with the turbo boost turned up to maximum.
To see an old turbo car compete against a modern day n/a car would truelly be a sight to see, the ultimate ROC event! :D

It's amazing to see how much Formula One has changed over the last two decades.
The second pic is not working Chris. Man oh man I have alway's loved that year's McLaren there is just something so smooth yet so brutal in it's look's, kind of like a Great White shark. 8)
The second pic is not working Chris. Man oh man I have alway's loved that year's McLaren there is just something so smooth yet so brutal in it's look's, kind of like a Great White shark. 8)

Strange. It works for me. Here is the link: http://whitey.iespana.es/volantesf1/mclaren1988_01.jpg . Can you see it if you click on it?

See our F1 related articles too!