FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By deMuRe
Watching this race at the moment, Schumacher in the lead, great performance considering his team-mate Herbert was down in 11th. Damon spun, anyone know if it were mechanical or did Damon make a mistake?

The Williams looks totally planted, the Bennetton is all over the place!

Cars looked so much nicer back then, simpler, with slicks... First time I've seen this race...
By EwanM
Watching this race at the moment, Schumacher in the lead, great performance considering his team-mate Herbert was down in 11th. Damon spun, anyone know if it were mechanical or did Damon make a mistake?

Cars looked so much nicer back then, simpler, with slicks... First time I've seen this race...

Damon lost 2nd gear into the Senna S and spun. Was a gearbox problem that forced him out.
It is a good race especially the controversy in its aftermath.
By deMuRe

Damon lost 2nd gear into the Senna S and spun. Was a gearbox problem that forced him out.
It is a good race especially the controversy in its aftermath.

Is that because of the FIA testing the fuel?
By bud
After the race both Schumacher and Coulthard were disqualified when their Elf fuel was found not to match the chemical "finger-print" given by the oil company to the FIA at the start of the year. All the fuel companies must submit a "finger-print" sample of the type of fuel they intend to use during the season. If the sample does not match the fuel used at the actual races then it is seen as illegal. It was a harsh decision but teams and oil suppliers had been warned that the FIA intended to take a harsh line.

Later an FIA Court of Appeal would overturn the exclusions, accepting that the fuel had been different from that agreed and, therefore, illegal but being unable to decide if this had given the drivers an advantage as fuel experts present could not agree. The court decided that the drivers could not be held responsible and gave them back their points and instead blamed the teams, refusing to award Constructors' points and fining each $200,000.

From Italy came howls of protest from Ferrari which argued that the decision implied that a driver could win a race in an illegal car. The court had been full of good intention but had set a highly suspect precedent. But justice - in a fashion - had been done.
By deMuRe
After the race both Schumacher and Coulthard were disqualified when their Elf fuel was found not to match the chemical "finger-print" given by the oil company to the FIA at the start of the year. All the fuel companies must submit a "finger-print" sample of the type of fuel they intend to use during the season. If the sample does not match the fuel used at the actual races then it is seen as illegal. It was a harsh decision but teams and oil suppliers had been warned that the FIA intended to take a harsh line.

Later an FIA Court of Appeal would overturn the exclusions, accepting that the fuel had been different from that agreed and, therefore, illegal but being unable to decide if this had given the drivers an advantage as fuel experts present could not agree. The court decided that the drivers could not be held responsible and gave them back their points and instead blamed the teams, refusing to award Constructors' points and fining each $200,000.

From Italy came howls of protest from Ferrari which argued that the decision implied that a driver could win a race in an illegal car. The court had been full of good intention but had set a highly suspect precedent. But justice - in a fashion - had been done.

Interesting, it was a good race, I'm watching Argentina next, race 2. Mika had a good one in the McLaren as well at Brasil...
By bud
would be a good season to watch wait until Adelaide where DC prangs coming into the pits while leading :lol:
By f1ea
Man you guys have a great memory!! I can't even remember who came in second in last week race...
:D:D
By deMuRe
Man you guys have a great memory!! I can't even remember who came in second in last week race...
:D:D

They are gimps...
By bud
gimp
–noun
1. a flat trimming of silk, wool, or other cord, sometimes stiffened with wire, for garments, curtains, etc.
2. a coarse thread, usually glazed, employed in lacemaking to outline designs.
By texasmr2
I cant remember most of the deatil's about an old race while just discussing it until I watch it and then I remember every lap and every detail.
By deMuRe
gimp
–noun
1. a flat trimming of silk, wool, or other cord, sometimes stiffened with wire, for garments, curtains, etc.
2. a coarse thread, usually glazed, employed in lacemaking to outline designs.

This is Bud watching the F1...

By bud
you have a sick collection of photo's happening there manure just wait youve got yours coming :wink:
By texasmr2
Actually this little spat between you two although sometime's amusing is past it's due date and has become very tiresome. Is there any chance that this will end anytime soon?
By bud
Actually this little spat between you two although sometime's amusing is past it's due date and has become very tiresome. Is there any chance that this will end anytime soon?

look at manure he keeps firing the shots :wink:

but to be honest i dont think it will end tex, i seriously do not like this geek.
By deMuRe

look at manure he keeps firing the shots :wink:

but to be honest i dont think it will end tex, i seriously do not like this geek.

:lol:

See our F1 related articles too!