FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By racechick
Ive just come back from a pub quizz. There was a motor racing question so I thought here we go, my moment of glory! But I was distraught as I didnt know the answer :( Wonder if any of you do? Or would like to take a guess WITHOUT looking it up (Hear that bit DD :wink: )

The question- Which British driver in F1 has scored the most points ever?
Post your answers but dont give the game away if you've looked it up.
By Mikep99
Ive just come back from a pub quizz. There was a motor racing question so I thought here we go, my moment of glory! But I was distraught as I didnt know the answer :( Wonder if any of you do? Or would like to take a guess WITHOUT looking it up (Hear that bit DD :wink: )

Now let me guess what your answer was ................................ Hammy Image
By darwin dali
David Coulthard

I agree, it's my schmexy cubehead. He must be around 400 pts or so?
By racechick

Now let me guess what your answer was ................................ Hammy Image

Doh! Well that wasnt my guess :roll:
By racechick
Why you moved it? Its about F1
By Mikep99

Doh! Well that wasnt my guess :roll:

Well sorry :oops: the way you talk up Hammy I just thought it was a possibility.
A reflex action so to speak :wink:
By madbrad
The difficulty of this question is that there have been a right shitload of british drivers in the last 58 years, many of whom have done very well, like Moss, Stewart, Hill Sr., Hunt, Surtees, Clark, Hawthorne, not to mention all the more recent ones like Hill Jr. Irvine, Herbert, Mansell, and DC. The list goes on and on and on. Even when we take out the ones that we know didn't get a lot of points, we still have a long list. Then it becomes a meaningless acedemic stat. So we might as well just look it up and be done, so everyone knows this bit of trivia. I just made it boring. :lol:

*edit*
I just found a table of points of all drivers who got points in modern F1. I know the answer.
By 7UpJordan
I'm sure it's Coulthard.

By racechick
Well i never even thought of him in the quizz. I thought it would be out of Mansel, Stewart and Moss. I'll put the answer on in a couple of days......for those of you who havent peeked!
By racechick
Well sorry :oops: the way you talk up Hammy I just thought it was a possibility.

:roll: Just because he's GOING to win all before him, doesnt mean he can magic points out of thin air :roll: Give the lad a chance!
By Mikep99

:roll: Just because he's GOING to win all before him, doesnt mean he can magic points out of thin air :roll: Give the lad a chance!

You may be right racechick, but up till now he has not proved anything to me except that he is a very good driver when he has the best car.
:wink:

See our F1 related articles too!