FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I finally got around to digging out my old tape's and I'm currently watching the '87 Austrian GP. Life has now returned to a somewhat semi-normal state :lol: ! Good time's, good time's!
That's kind of how I've been spending the time in between Christmas and now - watching old races. I'm up to Canada '99 now. I can't wait until it's finished downloading :) (Yes, I know...)
I finally got around to digging out my old tape's and I'm currently watching the '87 Austrian GP. Life has now returned to a somewhat semi-normal state :lol: ! Good time's, good time's!

That race got re-started 4 times didn't it? Mansell bumped his head on a girder after the race and Murray Walker then accidentally poked it in the post-race interview. :lol:

I'm glad to hear they work after all those years!
Hey everyone I will be recieveing my 'economic stimulus' check next month and will be buying a VHS to DVD recorder. I'll finally be able to copy all my race's for those who wanted them kinda like an early christmas present from me to you. Just pay for the shipping cost that's all I ask since most everyone is oversea's.

Just thought I would spread alittle sunshine :mrgreen: !
I wasnt even born then :oops:

That just mean's you will be able to experience the greatness of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Laffitte, Rosberg, Lauda, Berger and the list goes on and on. So Can I assume you would like to experience the 'good old day's'??? :wink:
Hey everyone I will be recieveing my 'economic stimulus' check next month and will be buying a VHS to DVD recorder. I'll finally be able to copy all my race's for those who wanted them kinda like an early christmas present from me to you. Just pay for the shipping cost that's all I ask since most everyone is oversea's.

It will cost you a not unreasonable amount of time and on the actual DVDs, so I'd feel bad taking them off you only paying for having them posted out. I should probably say as well, because these small things are easy to forget, that remember to make the DVDs regionless or in European format.
I wasnt even born then :oops:

That just mean's you will be able to experience the greatness of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Laffitte, Rosberg, Lauda, Berger and the list goes on and on. So Can I assume you would like to experience the 'good old day's'??? :wink:

Ah yes, miffed I never got to see Senna live in all his glory, even though I was alive for several years before he died, I was only little and wouldn't of known much about Motor racing
It will cost you a not unreasonable amount of time and on the actual DVDs, so I'd feel bad taking them off you only paying for having them posted out. I should probably say as well, because these small things are easy to forget, that remember to make the DVDs regionless or in European format.

My brother and sister's the time involved just mean's I get to rewatch race's I have not watched for way to long but your thoughfullness is greatly appreciated. Alot of the member's here have not had the chance to experience what some of us have and to be able to share that with them is payment enough for me. :wink:

remember to make the DVDs regionless or in European format.

Excellent advice bro I would not have realized that without you mentioning it. :wink:

Where did you get it?

A lot of my kart races are on video and would love to transfer them to the PC.
Where did you get it?

I have not baught it yet.

A lot of my kart races are on video and would love to transfer them to the PC.

I'm referring to transferring from VHS format to DVD not PC but I'm sure you could transfer from DVD to PC with the proper software/hardware.
I suggest that Gregg makes the digital master copy on DVD, ships a copy of them to one of you Brits (while retaining the original) and you guys take it from there with circulating the set and making DVD copies of what you want. That would be a fair sharing of the work load and costs, don't you think? And Gregg would always have the original as a backup. Another set could go to Aussieland and cover NZ and Asia and work its way to Europe eventually.
We could keep track of where the sets or partial sets are right here on the forum. Like a Lending Library you could sign up for Season 89-91 or something and then when you're done make it available for the next member.
What do y'all think?
I suggest that Gregg makes the digital master copy on DVD, ships a copy of them to one of you Brits (while retaining the original) and you guys take it from there with circulating the set and making DVD copies of what you want. That would be a fair sharing of the work load and costs, don't you think? And Gregg would always have the original as a backup. Another set could go to Aussieland and cover NZ and Asia and work its way to Europe eventually.
We could keep track of where the sets or partial sets are right here on the forum. Like a Lending Library you could sign up for Season 89-91 or something and then when you're done make it available for the next member.
What do y'all think?

That's not a bad idea. Something could probably be worked out. In my own case, there are certain Grands Prix in particular that I would like to have on their own and not bother with the rest of the season, so there would need to be a technical helpline! :D I better get start to get my list of seasons drawn up. One of which will definitely be 1988. 8)

See our F1 related articles too!