FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I love F40's so much :bowdown:
The F40 is brilliant.

:bowdown:
Alittle juice for the other F40 fans :thumbup: . These are pics of prototypes from '87 shared with us from a gentleman who is an F40 broker and owner.

Ferrari-F40_1987_800x600_wallpaper_13.jpg

Ferrari-F40_1987_800x600_wallpaper_0b.jpg

Ferrari-F40_1987_800x600_wallpaper_15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apparently he ran out of money and can't buy a leaf blower!

There's something ballsy about an F40 an intangible that's remained difficult for Ferrari to reproduce.
There's something ballsy about an F40 an intangible that's remained difficult for Ferrari to reproduce.

One must take into consideration the time/era that the F40 was produced as it was Ferrari's first legitimate intended road going race car. The 288GTO was meant for GroupB rallying and thus a certain number of production cars had to be produced where as the F40 from its inception was a road car. Now that Ferrari are going back to a TT-V8 engine there is a lineage but not in the same concept.

In other words I agree with you but times have changed and those glory days are sadly long gone. :(
Thought I would share with everyone one of my birthday gifts this year. A local F40 owner has agreed to take me cruising in his F40 on my birthday!!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Apparently he ran out of money and can't buy a leaf blower!

F40 IS a leaf blower. They would have had to push that car along that driveway to that spot rather than drive it, if they wanted there to be any leaves still sitting there for their picture.

Or add the leaves manually, or sit there for 3 weeks while the leaves fell, or photochop, which I don't know what was like in 1987!
By f1ea

#1: Its a race car.
#2: The lines/design are awesome. Looks mighty and aggressive. The rear :cloud9:
#3: Its not a fragile-looking convertible.

Most modern super cars are fast cars made for the rich old guy who wants to look young and fast so he can get chicks half his age. The F40 is none of this.

Ferrari (and most other super car builders) are going where the money is instead... i guess its understandable.

Not to say modern super cars are not nice, great looking or fast... but they're not the F40
Can you tell I love the F40? hehe its somewhere high up there with Spa (the circuit) and the Porsche 911 :)
By bud
Most modern super cars are fast cars made for the rich old guy who wants to look young and fast so he can get chicks half his age. The F40 is none of this.

examples?
Leaf blower or not atleast I will get an experience most can only dream of :drink::wink: .

Most modern super cars are fast cars made for the rich old guy who wants to look young and fast so he can get chicks half his age.

Strange because the locals I know who own what are deemed as 'supercars' buy them because they can now afford them and they are just car lovers and their wives were with them before they became rich. A car junkie is a car junkie no matter how much money you have the only difference is the price of your cars.
By f1ea

examples?

1. Ferrari Enzo: super fast and powerful. Not a race car.
2. Bugatti veyron: The fastest car... not a race car.
3. Lamborghini Gallardo convertible
4. Ferrari California: wonderful, but not a race car.
5. SLR Mclaren...

there's more but wont bother. They're all turned into race cars by lots of means, but the basic production model... not as racer as the F40.

Many others ARE race cars though: Pagani Zonda, the Mclaren F1, maybe the Koenissegg? etc......

See our F1 related articles too!