FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Mikep99
AUSTRALIA

Australia to get local Top Gear

We report this news with some reservations. SBS has announced it will produce a “quintessentially Australianâ€
By texasmr2
I doubt the USA version will be as good as the UK version. I just love the english vocabulary and sense of humor that's what I think make's their version so good.

The aussie version should be quite intertaining though.
By scotty
My guess is that they'll be at the same standard of 5th gear...
By 8-ball
top gear is the best because of their presenters. 5th gear presenters look like they got the job because a relative works at channel 5 cleaning the office
By McLaren Fan
top gear is the best because of their presenters. 5th gear presenters look like they got the job because a relative works at channel 5 cleaning the office

Yes, they're not terribly exciting or that well turned out. Vicky Butler Henderson is a tool. She likes to portray herself as some racing legend when she's a motor sports nobody. They try to be more serious than Top Gear, which is fair enough, I think that perspective on cars is vital, but they cannot even do that properly. I saw them last week reviewing the new Ford Focus and some Asian car which was similar. It was a chance for really good comparisons, but we saw was them driving round and basing the car on its speed, ride and handling. They failed to mention so many vital points such as spares, reliability, build quality. Top Gear do all of these without actually meaning to for dear sake.
By 7UpJordan

Yes, they're not terribly exciting or that well turned out. Vicky Butler Henderson is a tool. She likes to portray herself as some racing legend when she's a motor sports nobody. They try to be more serious than Top Gear, which is fair enough, I think that perspective on cars is vital, but they cannot even do that properly. I saw them last week reviewing the new Ford Focus and some Asian car which was similar. It was a chance for really good comparisons, but we saw was them driving round and basing the car on its speed, ride and handling. They failed to mention so many vital points such as spares, reliability, build quality. Top Gear do all of these without actually meaning to for dear sake.

And they do all of that in between the presenters all take the mickey out of each other, Clarkson for being old with an arthritic hip, James for being Captain Slow/Sense of direction and Hammond for being small and having his teeth done. ;)
By Mikep99
Vicky Butler Henderson is a tool.

She's the most annoying thing on TV :evil:

See our F1 related articles too!