FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By racechick
Im designing a banner for Silverstone to put up on quali day in the pit straight probably opposite the McLaren garage. It is to express fans general displeasure with Max Mosley and their wish to see him gone :lol::lol: I have a few good ideas about what to put on it but if you have any snappy slogans that make the point I'd love to hear them :lol:
By 7UpJordan
Mosley Out? There's only one JM Balestre? I'm a certified halfwit? Taxi for Mosley?

Perhaps we should get a chant going as well. :P
By racechick
:lol::lol: There will definately be something about a certified halfwit!! Yes a chant sounds good :lol::lol:
By texasmr2
racechick,
That's a great idea and will make for a great souvenir, flash what you got or do something so you can hopefully get the McLaren team to sign it :D !
By racechick
I'll make sure they see it. It wil be fastened up on the fence right opposite. I doubt they'll come over and sign it- be great if they did though :D
By McLaren Fan
There's only one JM Balestre?

Come back Balestre, all is forgiven!

I never thought I'd ever say that. I'm away to throw up. :o
By 7UpJordan
Also a chant of "Jackie Stewart's Barmy Army! B - R - D - C!" would work well too, but I'm not sure if Jackie's part of the BRDC anymore since he stepped down and Damon Hill took over a few years ago.

Or at least something showing our support of Sir Jackie which will annoy Mad Max. :P

There's only one JM Balestre?

Come back Balestre, all is forgiven!

I never thought I'd ever say that. I'm away to throw up. :o

Indeed, when you look at the rubbish Mad Max is coming out with lately, it makes what Balestre did look tame, even Senna's accusations of Balestre fixing the 1989 Championship in Prost's favour. And unlike Mad Max, you could get a smile out of Balestre often, especially when Piquet was around playing tricks.
Last edited by 7UpJordan on 17 Jan 08, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
By 8-ball
Im designing a banner for Silverstone to put up on quali day in the pit straight probably opposite the McLaren garage. It is to express fans general displeasure with Max Mosley and their wish to see him gone :lol::lol: I have a few good ideas about what to put on it but if you have any snappy slogans that make the point I'd love to hear them :lol:

Here is a couple of slogans that I came up with:

Max Moseley. The Best A Donkey Can Get.
Max out at the Speed of Mclaren!
Get The Ferrari Out!
Max if God made anything dumber than you I hope he kept it for himself!

and if you want to chant how about a few snappy limericks...

there once was a man named sir jack
who won titles racing on a track
max called him a half-wit
but it's max whose the twit
it's clear in brain power he lacks

Hitler was evil when he fell
And now he is rotting in hell
along came max, sadly
to run f1 badly
dictatorship is alive and well

Disclaimer: This post is not representative of my own feelings... :roll:
By racechick
Great ones 8ball! I love them all. This is going to be a tricky decision as to what goes on the banner! :D
By texasmr2
Great ones 8ball! I love them all. This is going to be a tricky decision as to what goes on the banner! :D

Maybe a poll is in order?
By al4x
how long did it take you too come up with those 8-ball? theyre greeaat, like the frosties tiger!

i thought there was someone new cause of your piccy texasmr2!
By texasmr2
I thought there was someone new cause of your piccy texasmr2!

I just like a change of scenery everyone once in awhile and David Gilmour is my guitar hero.
By McLaren Fan
along came max, sadly
to run f1 badly
dictatorship is alive and well[/i]

:o:D
By texasmr2
along came max, sadly
to run f1 badly
dictatorship is alive and well[/i]

:o:D

poo I would be scared to hang a banner that said that, I would kinda stick to the F1 theme and play it safe :lol: .
By al4x
hitler stuff, mercedes, germany = :shock:

See our F1 related articles too!