FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Todt said Schumacher, to continue as a part time advisor this season, was also offered and turned down the 'direzione sportiva' post; a job to instead be handled on the Ferrari pit wall by Stefano Domenicali in 2008 and beyond.
By texasmr2
Too time demanding and to many headache's for MS. He now has the role just as Sir Jackie did of still setting fastest lap's in just about anything he drive's. Whenever I see him in the pit's or on the pit wall I still get that adrenalin rush.
By 7UpJordan
Too time demanding and to many headache's for MS. He now has the role just as Sir Jackie did of still setting fastest lap's in just about anything he drive's. Whenever I see him in the pit's or on the pit wall I still get that adrenalin rush.

I think he should do what Sir Jackie did by making some TV programmes about various racing cars from past and present. Unlike Sir Jackie I'm sure Schumi wouldn't wreck the TWR Silk Cut Jaguar. ;)
By McLaren Fan
Michael Schumacher has spent a lifetime in racing and made a lot of sacrifices to do so. I think he should enjoy some with his family and friends for a few years and then decide what he's going to do.
By texasmr2
Schumi will be 39 this year so he better not take too long to decide. :lol:
By Jabberwocky
Lets face it who amongst us would of turned down that offer? If he can afford to say no then he should... you can not take it with you
By bud
If he was going to be at every gp then why not just race, he is still fit enough.
He might come back to this type of role down the track though
By deMuRe
If he were a family man he would never have lasted as long as he did or win as many races as he did...

He's addicted to the pitlane, the turmoil going through his head must be incredible...

Every part of him wants to jump back in an F1 car and race, but he'll be listening to his advisors and ensuring his legacy is not tarnished by trying to make a comeback when he's past it...

Modern F1 cars are a different beast to what they were just 10-15 years ago and I don't think a driver in his 40's has the reflexes to be competative...

He's crap in anything that doesn't resemble a go-cart however, at the RoC he was smashing lap records in go cart like buggies, in the tin tops he was getting owned by Ekstrom...
By texasmr2
I was under the assumption, refering to his testing time's, that MS even at 38 still has what it take's to be very competative deMure or am I missing your point? Also I have seen people in their 40's who are in better physical condition than they were in their 20's-30's but then again F1 is a whole different scenario and with that I agree.

I honestly do not think Schumi will return as a driver and yes Eckstrom owned Michael in the 'tin-top's' but we are talking about two totally different class's of racing. Reverse the roll's and you will see Michael owning Eckstrom. Anyway I'm content with Michael's roll at Ferrari and I'm just glad he is still involved with F1 and has not 'disappeared of the face of the earth' like so many past F1 driver's have done.

See our F1 related articles too!