FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By McLaren Fan

By darwin dali
Old Nürburgring.
By texasmr2
I guess I should have clarified that I meant track's of OUR generation that we have seen a GP run on. It's kinda like who was the best GP driver and people saying Nuvolari or Fangio, I never saw them race so I cannot make an informed opinion because I can only make my judgement from their stat's. Does that make sense?
By darwin dali
Uh, no! I saw the old Nürburgring being raced on, I watched Lauda burn live on TV.
By 7UpJordan
My old lost favourites...

Jacarepagua, Brazil

Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico

Estoril, Portugal

Adelaide, Australia

Jerez, Spain

By texasmr2
Uh, no! I saw the old Nürburgring being raced on, I watched Lauda burn live on TV.

I guess that's makes you an 'old fart' but a very lucky one :lol::wink:. The earliest F1 race I saw was one of the Dallas GP's but that was before I became a super hardcore F1 fan where I watched and recorded everyone.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 22 Dec 07, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
By darwin dali

I guess that's makes you an 'old fart' but a very lucky one :lol::wink:. The earliest F1 race I saw was one of the Dallas GP's but that was before I became a super hardcore F1 where I watched and recorded everyone.

Thanx Gregg, I needed that old fart comment - hey, I was pretty young back then - I started early ya know, precocious and all... :twisted:
By certom

Estoril, Portugal

it looks like Barcelona!
By 7UpJordan

Estoril, Portugal

it looks like Barcelona!

In a way it does, and also slightly looks a bit like Jacarepagua, except Barcelona is too boring and doesn't have any corners like Estoril's Parabolica. :)
By texasmr2
I love the Estoril track as it was ALMOST Gerhard Bergers first win and in a Ferrari, man what a great race up until the 2nd to last lap :cry:
By Osmella DJ
Suzuka, Adelaide, Old Hockenheim, Estoril, Montjuich, Rouen... there are many more. :(
By 7UpJordan
I love the Estoril track as it was ALMOST Gerhard Bergers first win and in a Ferrari, man what a great race up until the 2nd to last lap :cry:

I take it you're talking about 1987, because he'd already won his first race in a Benetton at Mexico the previous year. ;)

But he did come back and win again in 1989. :)
By texasmr2
Sorry I forgot about his win in Mexico my bad. Dont forget about Bergers win's at Suzuka and Adelaide in '87 :wink: .

See our F1 related articles too!