FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By darwin dali
Well, Super Aguri seems to be a hot candidate for this title - wtf is Super about this team or Aguri???
By simac
Has to be MF1 because it looks like MFI (you know, the furniture/kitchen shop LMAO)
By Selcouth_Feline
Has to be MF1 because it looks like MFI (you know, the furniture/kitchen shop LMAO)

Didn't the lovely James Allen refer to MF1 as MFI in last weeks qualifying?? :lol:
By bud
Scuderia Ferrari for sure :P
By 7UpJordan
Life. Basically the lifespan of their ridiculous W12 engine wasn't that long, blew up in 3 laps, set a time of 7 minutes at Imola and then they ditched the engine and got a Judd engine that was too fat for the car they couldn't even get the cover on!
By sonic
Footwork. The drivers needed to walk back to the paddock so maybe it wasn't so silly.

Spyker. Sounds like some kind of wheel clamp.

Forti. Maybe Faulty was more appropriate. Someone (Martin Brundle?) said after a race that they were called Forti because they were lapped so many times it seemed like there were forty of them

BRM. Brrrrm brrrrmm....
By certom
7UP, is it reality or just a lengend that says that Life had never reached the 200 km/h?
By welshie
If thats true, then it's slower than my old Honda civic!! :lol:
By Irv the Swerve
7UP, is it reality or just a lengend that says that Life had never reached the 200 km/h?

Is true. :D Here is the story:

When the 1990 season came, the situation was ridiculous: One chassis, one engine, few if any spare parts, no tests, no hope for success. The W-12 turned out to be the least powerful engine of the year: its output was about 450 hp while others did 600 to 700 hp. On the other hand, the ex-First L190 chassis was one of the heaviest cars in the field. Handling was bad, reliability was poor. As a result, the Life was as fast (or slow) as a Formula 3 car. Even in Formula 3000, it would have been outclassed, much less Formula 1.

For a start, Sir Jack Brabham's son Gary Brabham was signed to drive but when he failed to prequalify twice he left the team for good. In came Bruno Giacomelli, an Italian veteran who had last raced in Formula 1 in 1983. Not surprisingly, things did not improve. The car did not get faster, in fact it never managed to run more than three or four laps before exploding. For the Spanish Grand Prix, the team replaced their own engine with a Judd V-8, but then found that the engine cover did not fit over this new engine. They withdrew before the final two Grands Prix, and were never heard from again. :cry::P
By welshie
Hahaha that is class!! :D
By certom
thanks mate, i had never read the full story! :D
By madbrad
Footwork. The drivers needed to walk back to the paddock so maybe it wasn't so silly.

Spyker. Sounds like some kind of wheel clamp.

Forti. Maybe Faulty was more appropriate. Someone (Martin Brundle?) said after a race that they were called Forti because they were lapped so many times it seemed like there were forty of them

BRM. Brrrrm brrrrmm....

Haha That's a good one! the Forti joke that is. I was gonna say Forti too. (42 lol) I remember a Forti bursting into flames out on the track. Diniz was driving. Must've blown an oil line because it spun out too.

Spyker may sound silly but it's areal carmaker name so I don't think you can count that one. Same goes for Lola. A prostitute's moniker you can really jump all over, but already a respected racecar factory.
By 7UpJordan
Haha That's a good one! the Forti joke that is. I was gonna say Forti too. (42 lol) I remember a Forti bursting into flames out on the track. Diniz was driving. Must've blown an oil line because it spun out too.

Spyker may sound silly but it's areal carmaker name so I don't think you can count that one. Same goes for Lola. A prostitute's moniker you can really jump all over, but already a respected racecar factory.

It was Argentina 1996 when "Diniz in the oven!" was yelled out by Murray Walker... but Diniz was driving a Ligier, but in the same race Luca Badoer managed to flip his Forti upside down. :lol:

See our F1 related articles too!