FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I do not know what this means. I read somewhere that the fuel flow restriction (that was talked about this weekend) is bad. The person said the grid would totally be upside down with Honda having the best car.

Could someone explain as I have not got a clue what this all means? And why would Honda be number 1?
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand;

Each car is permitted 100KG of fuel per race; and even when running a more rich mixture for more power, the FIA has mandated a maximum amount of fuel flow to the engine, basically limiting power developed. Which is detrimental to racing, for (a) not allowing engines to run max revs, and (b) stifles racing further due to fuel saving to make it to the end of the race.
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand;

Each car is permitted 100KG of fuel per race; and even when running a more rich mixture for more power, the FIA has mandated a maximum amount of fuel flow to the engine, basically limiting power developed. Which is detrimental to racing, for (a) not allowing engines to run max revs, and (b) stifles racing further due to fuel saving to make it to the end of the race.

I actually understood this!!^
Thanks!

See our F1 related articles too!