FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Stephen
I know it's a long time ago for most of us - all of nine years for me (where's my violin) - but thought a thread about our first car would help us rekindle our misspent youth.

Mine was a 1987 'E' reg Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular (I think) in blue, much like this one:

I drove it like I was Michael Schumacher and honestly believed I was the fastest driver on the road - god I was stupid back then. :roll:
By welshie
I had a 1.4 mk3 golf (yeah check me!!), it only had 4 gears but it felt fast as when i first bought it! But now I realise that it's probably the slowest 1.4 ever created . . . . 1.4 and weighing in at 12000 tonnes, was like driving an ocean liner, still loved it tho! :P
By Selcouth_Feline
Fiat Tipo 1.9L Turbo Diesel in white. Actually quite rare in this country. I bought it when I was 16 with intentions of learning to drive at 17....never got around to learning until I was 20 :shock:
By madbrad
79 Mustang with a dirt slow straight 6 and an automatic.
This is a company ppic. Mine was white.
Last edited by madbrad on 21 Jul 07, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
By bud
I had a 1989 Holden Camira, cant find a pic of mine but it looked like this
By perch
973 Pontiac Catalina. Metallic blue with a wood grain dashboard.
By madbrad
BUd that cars doors are straight off a Cavalier!
By madbrad
Yes, like that. However I didn't know they had one in Europe. I meant this one:
By madbrad
or this one LOL:
By Victoria
Mine was a 1986 Renault 5. His name was Rodney. Them were the days!
By bud
Holden is owned by General Motors alot of rebadging and engineering sharing going on there, just like the Pontiac GTO (rebadged Holden Monaro) is made 30minutes from where i live though its called American ;)
By madbrad
Thanks captain obvious. I have a Holden Magroin.
By bud
If it was obvious why question the doors ;)
By madbrad
Was not a question. I was just stating it's a Cavalier over here.
Actually they aren't the same doors if you look close. Why it surprised me is I don't recall any American GM bodies being used by the European or Austrailian divisions, other than the ones being exported there which usually keep their American names. They usually have all their own stuff, like the Monaro you mention.
Holden Magroin, nobody got that?

See our F1 related articles too!