Marcus Ericsson
No votes
0%
Andre Lotterer
No votes
0%
Will Stevens
6%
A small number of new drivers this time. Kevin Magnussen scored an amazing debut podium in Melbourne, whilst Daniil Kvyat was no slouch behind the wheel and notched up some memorable qualifying performances especially. Marcus Ericsson struggled with the lowly Caterham, but has another chance to shine with Sauber next year. Don't forget Andre Lotterer and Will Stevens, who made brief (but not unmemorable) appearances with Caterham later in the season.
I couldn't consider Andre or Will simply because its not enough time to make an impression. I wound up going to Daniil simply because he just felt like more of a presence. I know Mags had the more visible seat, but because of the distance in points and because of the fact that in a lot of races he just found ways to make a mistake, I think Daniil is the guy with more potential, certainly in qualifying and got a move up to the big leagues next year so Red Bull must be seeing they like very much with him.
Kvyat. Why? Second year in F1 and has already established himself as a decent driver, getting himself a seat in Red Bull of all places. He has shown his skill this year and I am growing for him. Hopefully, he'll be coated in red in a couple of years ;)
yes, for whatever reason Kyvat made more of a splash than Mags. As evidenced by the fact that he is replacing 4x WDC at WCC number 2 team and Mags is hoping to stay in place of an unwanted and ropey double diffuser WDC at the WCC 5th team

Mags should have striped Jensons arse in quali at the very least - although it could be that he adapted to the performance of his team leader, he would therefore be entitled to another year to see how he does but if not Van Doorne cant be much worse than either
Kvyat. Why? Second year in F1 and has already established himself as a decent driver, getting himself a seat in Red Bull of all places. He has shown his skill this year and I am growing for him. Hopefully, he'll be coated in red in a couple of years ;)

:yikes:
Kvyat has done a great job this year. His pace is very good but he doesn't quite seem to have the luck in the races.
I think stevens did a good job. He got dropped in for 1 race. Did not do much wrong over that weekend.

Lottere did well, qualified better than his team mate. Shame the car died so early in the race

:yikes:

:censored:
Kvyat fo sho.
Kyvat. Magnussen had one, maybe two good races and a lot of average/poor races and got involved in a lot of collisions. Kyvat competed well against Vergne although reliability wasnt great in the Toro Rosso.
I think Kvyat is the correct choice, yes, but I so badly wanted Magnussen to be a new star, especially after his performance in Melbourne. He showed flashes of brilliance elsewhere, and there was some terrible fortune, such as the start of the race at Hockenheim, when 4th place went up in smoke after the accident with Massa.

There is more to come from Kevin, and I feel he definitely deserves a second chance. What complicates matters, is that Jenson Button was very strong all year.

See our F1 related articles too!