FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Have a question and don't want to sift through Wiki?
Ask away!
By RyRy
Things to be aware about:

- Some have terrible low light recording
- Some have a poor recording angle
- Some have really choppy/poor quality outputs

A European friend of mine said these ones you linked are okay for the money but he personally uses a GS6000 A7 / Samoon 3H2F and his dad and mum both use http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LK08F7Y/ but obviously that's pretty pricey.

Many people use their old smart phones to do the same thing instead of paying money for another product.
By Jabberwocky
Old smart phone... interesting. I have an old galaxy ace rotting in a draw.

Wow the ones you linked to are quite steep.

I am only looking into them because there has been a few incidents of late where I am sure people are trying to cause an accident. My mate got involved in one last week and I just want to protect myself about it all.

Plus SWMBO always say the car does odd things when I am not in the car. Things that sound oddly like her bouncing it off the Rev limiter but says it is happening at 3k rpm. Plus how everyone seems to want to race her!!!

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
...Plus SWMBO always say the car does odd things when I am not in the car. Things that sound oddly like her bouncing it off the Rev limiter but says it is happening at 3k rpm. Plus how everyone seems to want to race her!!!

It's true!! Been there, done that!! :angel:
By RyRy
A smart phone with a micro sdcard is normally good enough as they have a GPS, gsensor, Wi-Fi ability and more.

There are apps out there that will do ten minute loops and if the g sensors go off it will automatically save that recording from being deleted.

They can record your GPS location, speed, altitude, pitch, roll... and more.

Plus they look like a sat nav so people don't expect or think you're recording.

On one app it has some feature that toggles Wi-Fi on and off every so often (and has a setting to keep Wi-Fi on permanently) which will connect to your internet when home and upload recordings that were saved to dropbox or whatever.

I can't remember how it manages battery but I know it has a setting allowing the phone to automatically send a message over Wi-Fi to you're other phone when videos are finished uploading.
By stonemonkey
Felt like i couldve done with one of these last week, had my first experience of road rage with the guy going mental.
By RyRy
Interesting. Does it have an auto on/off function?

Sent using NCC-1701

I can't remember, I can't even remember the App name
By stonemonkey
Did you get anything sorted out Jabs?

This happened on the route i take to work and reminded me of this topic.

[youtube]94kaqZYL7MU[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!