FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By racechick
I've just started a book about him, so I thought I begin this topic so I can post any interesting snippets I come across.
Here's the first.
Nuvolari's cousin Mikado Nuvolari was stopped for speeding in 1996. She said to the policeman " well what do you except, look at the name on my driving licence!" She was 84 years old!!

My sort of woman! Love it!
By spankyham
Great character, huge part of motor racing history. I'm looking forward to your snippets. I've read a fair bit on him but I'm sure there's plenty for me to learn.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
By racechick
Well. I've finally found time to start the book, so here's a few bits.

Tazio, born in 1892, two years before the first recorded motor racing competition and he raced his last race in1950, a month before the modern world championship that we know was born at Silverstone.

As a child Tazio could ride bareback with perfect balance. He raced both motorbikes and cars.

He went to watch his first car race when he was 13 yrs old, Vincenzo Lancia was driving. There were four Mercedes racing and five by a team called Societa Aninima Fabbrica Di Automobilia- Torino. And that team is FIAT. So I've learnt something! FIAT were racing cars in 1905, twenty four years before Enzo started Ferrari!
By racechick
I didn't realise FIAT went back so far, to before Ferrari.

See our F1 related articles too!