FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By myownalias
Compared to recent Corvette's, I think this one looks quite nice... you have to go back to the Corvette Stingray to find a truly good looking Corvette.
By stonemonkey
I don't think it looks too bad, though I still get the feeling they try to put faces on cars now and can't help thinking of the cars movie.
By What's Burning?
It's the bottom that's really the problem, that and the fact that it just feels over designed. Like the shape of the car can't stand on its own so they have to throw in a half dozen unnecessary 'lines' into the overall shape.
By madbrad
What's Burning I'm not saying you're biased by any stretch, but you can see how that post might be so construed. My unscientific survey method seems to show most Brits are biased against the Corvette.
I know Jeremy Clarkson is.
I don't stand on either side of that fence. I do think this looks like a 458. Whether that's good or bad is not something I would ever get into.
By What's Burning?
Not a fan of Ferrari's latest direction either, yeah I can see the resemblance. I can also see the resemblance to other recent releases from Japan. My point about design is that it should stand on its own, not need so much male enhancement to make it look better, or worse, be approves by a focus group. The problem with design nowadays is that very little is left to the vision of one man. So you're left with a philosophy of what will appeal to the largest audience.

There are things that just look right when you see them. The Jaguar E type, the F40, need I mention the 911? :blush: Good design transcend time, and this design won't stand that test of time. Where the Corvette shines is delivering super car performance for 1/5th the supercar price.
By What's Burning?
I see a lot of Nissan GTR about it, not sure about the chrome on the grill being needed.

I had the same though about the GTR especially around the C pillar.
By scotty
Pretty clear where the inspiration for this came from:

I'd rather have the new Viper personally, if you're talking American muscle. Or for the same price range i'd even more rather have an M5, GTR, forthcoming Audi RS7, or even perhaps a 911... and no, i'm not just being a biased Brit in case anyone thinks so, i do love the older gen C2 and 3 Vettes, and to a lesser extent the C5. And i love the GT Corvettes, they are utter monsters.
By stonemonkey
I keep thinking that it is like someone has stretched a Smart Roadster

Hey, I've got an astra and you drive a landy. If someone wants to swap one of these with me I'm not gonna say no.
By What's Burning?
Looks better than the Extenze beetle, uh, Porsche :hehe:

If you put it next to a GTR, and the Ferrari, that Corvette would blend into anonymity.

There's only one shape perfect enough to have been racing and winning for almost 50 years now. The fact that its beautiful doesn't hurt either.

See our F1 related articles too!