FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Wacthing the Friday practice and Trulli came down the pit straight with the front right suspension broken quite badly.

They have both cars in the pits until about 10min left of the session. They go out and a minute later and Trulli again breaks his suspension. But it wasn't like he jumped right over the curbs and banged hard on the way down, he bearly touched the curb and min a speed and pop.

Look out for them through the weekend, how long they are going to last will see but there is a definate problem...
By Stephen
That's a worry, I would imagine calls are going out for everyone to return to the factory, it's possible they could fly additional parts out for the race or even qualifying. :shock:
By Irv the Swerve
If they don't get the parts before Q, they wouldn't risk it..would they?
By madbrad
Their F1 operation has become such a fiasco, I wish they would just go home and leave the space for someone else. I'm really getting fed up with this. It's a waste of space. The money they waste in the sport is pretty cheeky considering the quality of their road cars is falling. Just concentrate on making those.
By 7UpJordan
They should either pull out and concentrate on their supply of engines to Williams, or get someone else to build their cars, not a customer car, but something like Lola and Dallara used to do, because they could probably do a darn better job than the Toyota works team.
By Stephen
Who wants to make a bet that they won't see out qualifying! :(
By madbrad
Prost really wanted to compete but they wouldn't let him in because he couldn't put up the deposit. Meanwhile these bozos buy themselves into anything they want and waste it with a half arsed effort, as if to mock the sport. I wonder if bernie could find something in the books to kick them out. Of course he won't because they give him lots of money.
By Wilko
:?
Disappointing to see Toyota going backwards down the grid, working for Toyota i can't believe that with all their money, expertise and mindset of continual improvement we can't get a decent result.
I think the problems are :
Ralf Schumacher has lost his desire to win and is now just taking the michael ( scuse the pun).

Trulli is at least trying..but we need the car to be competitive not 2-3 seconds a lap behind the top teams, every grand prix i watch this season you can guarantee Toyota to get lapped before the end of the race.

ITS A DISGRACE, GET RESULTS OR GET OUT
By madbrad
I think this will be Toyota's last year as a team.

And hopefully herald a rennaissance for the garagistes.
By 7UpJordan
I think this will be Toyota's last year as a team.

And they will probably just concentrate on their engine supply to Williams.
By Evaneoun
They've been a major disappointment these last couple of seasons, clearly loads of money does not neceassarily make a great team. Being outperformed by Super Aguri kinda suggests that too.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Same goes for Honda. Japanese insist that their executives get pivotal roles in the F1 infrastructure, resulting in people getting the jobs because they are Japanese Corporate and not necessarily the best for the job.

Honda should stick to supplying engines for Super Aguri, Toyota for Williams.
By deMuRe
Same goes for Honda. Japanese insist that their executives get pivotal roles in the F1 infrastructure, resulting in people getting the jobs because they are Japanese Corporate and not necessarily the best for the job.

Honda should stick to supplying engines for Super Aguri, Toyota for Williams.

Yep it never ceases to amaze me that they put these Japanese executives with absolutely no F1 experience at the helm of these outfits.

They are probably looking at the example of Flavio, how he came into F1 with no racing experience, well, I guess you could do that when you are joined at the hip with Bernie Eccelstone, which none of these Japanese executives are...

See our F1 related articles too!