FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Anyone try these Blue Tooth ODB2 Diagnostic Tool before?

I almost pulled the trigger on buying a proprietary reader but they're about 120~150 dollars! Coupled with an Android app like Torque Pro I can buy both for under 30 bucks... falls under the too good to be true category but the reviews for both are actually stellar.
Some of us can't afford the 90 to 120 dollars an hour mechanic's fee. :blush: Seriously, one good repair done on your own is the difference between three or four hundred dollars more in your pocket than less!

Plus I can say that I know what antifreeze tastes like.
Some of us can't afford the 90 to 120 dollars an hour mechanic's fee. :blush: Seriously, one good repair done on your own is the difference between three or four hundred dollars more in your pocket than less!

Plus I can say that I know what antifreeze tastes like.

Well, with all the sticky wheel nuts and gearbox issues, I'm not surprised you have to do yours yourself.

[weak joke, as you mentioned f1 forum, I pointed out in f1 they have sperate mechanics, and referred to the Ferrari ones, I don't actually have a car]
I have used the VAGcom ODB2 reader, that saved me a lot of cash when I had the golf.

Now I have the Landy, electronics are a thing of the future. The radio reception goes when it rains.

But they're so much easier to fix! What year is it?
I use a handheld reader. I got it in 05 when no one had smartphones and such. When they go on sale at Canadian Tire it's a real steal.

See our F1 related articles too!