FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
I think he did a very solid job today. Hope he keeps his seat after today.
By LewEngBridewell
Bruno Senna. Consistent, but lacks the occasional burst of absolute brilliant speed that Pastor Maldonado demonstrates, only to squander later on...

Williams deserve so much more this season.
By What's Burning?
Bruno Senna. Consistent, but lacks the occasional burst of absolute brilliant speed that Pastor Maldonado demonstrates, only to squander later on...

Williams deserve so much more this season.

Coming to think of it an amalgam of the two would make for pretty good F1 driver.
By racechick
WEll I like Senna loads better. Ive alwys liked him . That said I thought Maldonado drove well today and I felt a tad sad for him when he went out ( :yikes: I know I know!).
Im not sure why Senna isnt always hooking it up. I feel he's got so much more potential than is coming out. maybe its becuase he's always under pressure of keeping his seat. he was great in GP2 and would have won but for dogs and stupid pitlane penalties.
By Frontrunner
Senna's days in a F1 racing seat are starting to get limited, especially with Bottas there ready to pounce on his seat next season.
By Jabberwocky
Williams this year is a Tortoise and Hare story.

I think Bruno's biggest problem is his name, once you get past thinking of him as the "second coming" he is a good solid driver. Yes he misses the amazing out of no where turns of speed of Maldo, however look at his start at this race. Bang straight down the outside, but he then lost it.
By Big Azza
My opinion of Bruno is that he is far too slow. Maldonado's erraticness is making him look better than he actually is.

What Maldonado can do in that car is amazing... But then we don't know how good Maldonado actually is. I think Bruno's true colours were evident with Renault last year... And it is continuing here at McLaren...

He is a consistent driver... But Maldonado should be whipping him in an even more emphatic fashion than Alonso does to Massa...
By Jabberwocky
My opinion of Bruno is that he is far too slow. Maldonado's erraticness is making him look better than he actually is.

What Maldonado can do in that car is amazing... But then we don't know how good Maldonado actually is. I think Bruno's true colours were evident with Renault last year... And it is continuing here at McLaren...

He is a consistent driver... But Maldonado should be whipping him in an even more emphatic fashion than Alonso does to Massa...

:confused: What has Mclaren got to do with it?
By Hammer278
I know this is a Senna thread but I didn't like Maldonado retiring today....50% because it meant Alonso gets more points, 50% because he drove very well and I enjoyed his battle with Alonso.
By Big Azza

:confused: What has Mclaren got to do with it?

Lol... I don't know... Obviously I meant Williams. :thumbup:

Of course this is a thread about supporting Senna. I think he has done enough to warrant a drive for next year. However, as Maldonado is already signed, I do want to see Williams hire a driver who'll extract the full potential out of the car...

Darn, I still couldn't keep the tone positive...
By racechick
Maybe if Senna's seat was more secure then Williams would get more from him in return.
By XploZiV
Well, let's talk about Bruno. What do we really make of him?

Let's forget the Senna name and the fact he only started racing back in 2004. It will probably affect the way we globally judge him, but those arguments could make for a thread of it's own.

The thing is, I don't really know what to make of it all.

We had last year, where his qualifying was good but his races were not consistent. Now, we have this year, where he s*cks at qualifying but is very constistent during races.

There is no doubt that Senna's overall performances are greatly affected by his starting position. Had he been a consistent Q3 qualifier, like Pastor is, no doubt he would have had many more points. So that's a big down on his performances.

Now his races. If you know he has started back down a lot and so has gotten involved in incidents more often, the fact he has scored points on many occasions is impressive. Again yesterday he started 22th and was up to finish into the points, had it not have been for him losing 1st gear after 10 laps and losing KERS near the end of the race (which resulted in a DNF).

Also, for some drivers, I monitor their every lap during races, using the F1Official Timing app. There have been many occasions this year Bruno lapped as fast as the front runners. Yesterday his laptimes after his first pitstop were consistently faster than the front runners. His fastest laptime was made on lap 27, on the harder compound, and that time ended up 9th fastest, after the front runners had lighter fuelload and softer compound on.

This is something he has been doing on more race occasions than 1.

So there is probably no doubt the guy is a very good race driver, but a bad qualifier.
The question is, and I cannot understand that :

Why would a driver be slow during qualifying but be fast during races?? Any ideas? I don't really think him losing FP1 on many occasions is a real factor, because when he didn't had to give up FP1 , it didn't make much of a difference...
By spankyham
I know this is a Senna thread but I didn't like Maldonado retiring today....50% because it meant Alonso gets more points, 50% because he drove very well and I enjoyed his battle with Alonso.

Alonso was ahead of Maldonado before he retired.
By LRW

Alonso was ahead of Maldonado before he retired.

But wasnt Maldonado closing in on Alonso....? (I could be wrong).

I just cant make up my mind if Senna is good enough or not. I was hoping for much more this year from him. But hey, at least Williams have moved on from last years annus horribilis
By geetface9
I'm not sure what to think of senna. I think he got a lot of hype pre-season, so maybe that's why he seems more...idk...disappointing? than a lot of people thought he was going to be. :shrug:

See our F1 related articles too!