FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
By Jabberwocky
I still think somone who finishes, should get some points. how about all all finishers get +5 points?
By Jabberwocky
74.67948718 Redbull
70.19230769 Ferrari
64.42307692 Lotus
62.5 Mclaren
56.57051282 Force India
55.28846154 Mercedes
50.96153846 Sauber
45.19230769 Toro Rosso
41.02564103 Williams
29.48717949 Caterham
22.43589744 Marussia
14.74358974 HRT
By What's Burning?
I like scotty's idea of a random position pick... say every GP we choose a number outside of the top ten, and award 10 points for a correct guess in that position. That's actually more fun than picking a qualifier winner and it keeps every race day based and would not have to involve picks on both days.
By Jabberwocky
That's probably what the fantasy site is using as a value rank of drivers as a DNF would mean little to no points for that race to be averaged out. It's a way that has obvious flaws, and it's pointless to credit someone past 10th place since there is no benefit one way or another how you finish past that point. The difference in a mean of scoring where 11th place gets 14 points while the winner gets 24 points does not make much sense.

The trouble then is how much would HRT/Marussia/Caterham be worth?
By Jabberwocky
That's probably what the fantasy site is using as a value rank of drivers as a DNF would mean little to no points for that race to be averaged out. It's a way that has obvious flaws, and it's pointless to credit someone past 10th place since there is no benefit one way or another how you finish past that point. The difference in a mean of scoring where 11th place gets 14 points while the winner gets 24 points does not make much sense.

The trouble then is how much would HRT/Marussia/Caterham be worth?

oops my bad messed up the formula
By LewEngBridewell
I am up for whatever you do, I liked last years a lot it was really fun to me.

:yes:

The F1 Pool and the Fantasy F1 were both brilliant 8-)
By andrew
The fantasy F1 site from last season was good. The F1 pool was far too infuriating. Too much win or bust. At least with the fantasy F1 you can have a crap weekend and still aslvage something.
By LewEngBridewell
The fantasy F1 site from last season was good. The F1 pool was far too infuriating. Too much win or bust. At least with the fantasy F1 you can have a crap weekend and still aslvage something.

It's only because you did badly in the F1 Pool :P:wink:
By scotty
Poll for what? I will be doing the fantasy F1 again when the external site is ready for the new season - and i hope MOA does the pool again.
By What's Burning?
Poll for what? I will be doing the fantasy F1 again when the external site is ready for the new season - and i hope MOA does the pool again.

MOA mentioned the other day that he was already working on it but didn't have all the drivers names yet!

Maybe the fantasy guys will come visit us before the season start, they came and asked for some of our input which was nice, so I'm thinking they'll have a lot of refinements implemented this year.
By scotty
Yeah, i seem to remember having a brief email exchange with one of the admins a while ago... can't remember what was said and can't find the emails now though.
By LRW
Yeah, i seem to remember having a brief email exchange with one of the admins a while ago... can't remember what was said and can't find the emails now though.

The mind doesn't get cloudy in old age....

See our F1 related articles too!