FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By 1Lemon
Right, so I'm starting a new job and am now having an hour and a half commute a day, my current car, a 12 year old Peugeot 206 lacks Air Conditioning; which is like hell as it has a sunroof which acts as a magnifying glass (It was once snowing and the thermometer I left in my car was reading 19 Celsius!)

I'm looking to get a new car thanks to the wage increase, it needs to be economical; only problem is I am 19 therefore the insurance is a bitch (Although because I can actually drive I have got a years no claims discount under my belt.) So I was just curious what you guys thought would be a good car for me to get? I always like the Renualt Twingo (However the new 2012 remodel is hideous) but I am very intrigued by the new Ford Fiesta, I learnt to drive in one and they are very nice smooth cars.
By 1Lemon
Are you looking to buy new or used ?

Either really, local dealers do a lot of preregistered cars that have done 10 miles or some and count as second hand, also my car is worth about £1,800 in a part exchange because it's done so few miles for its age.
I had a MK4 Golf TDi 130, it was nippy and did on a long run 60mpg, and around town about 40. It was like sitting in an arm chair which is good for someone commuting an hour and a half. The sound system was also good. I did 60k in it in 2 and a half years and apart from a few electrical niggles it was good.
The new Ford Fiesta is fantastic car to drive, I hired one about 18 months ago and I loved it; fast and economical and loads of features for the money... I managed to get an auto version upto 60mph in about 8 seconds. The one I drove was the 1.6 SEL, it had a 10 gallon tank and did about 400miles on a tank!
By 1Lemon
The new Ford Fiesta is fantastic car to drive, I hired one about 18 months ago and I loved it; fast and economical and loads of features for the money... I managed to get an auto version upto 60mph in about 8 seconds. The one I drove was the 1.6 SEL, it had a 10 gallon tank and did about 400miles on a tank!

Yeah but I wouldn't be getting a manual, and I like how 40Mpg is incredible to Americans :rofl:
I am very intrigued by the new Ford Fiesta, I learnt to drive in one and they are very nice smooth cars.

I learnt to drive in a range of cars, and a Ford Fiesta was one of them, albeit a 2006 model. It was a fantastic car to drive.

Yeah but I wouldn't be getting a manual, and I like how 40Mpg is incredible to Americans :rofl:

Yes, because it's the land of V8s; which are actually slower than my V6... 20mpg is good in the US; my V6 gets about 32mpg...

The Fiesta is a great little car; I am considering buying one as a second car when they hit the used market!

See our F1 related articles too!