FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By madbrad
Last night I saw a new Honda commercial on the telly. It showed fleeting shots of various competition modles of Hondas - a couple of offroad series, a couple of tin top style series with Civics and with S2000s, even a big league open wheel Honda powered race car, presumably Champ Car. Shots of consumer Hondas alternated betwen the competition shots. Every competition Honda participates in was represented - every one Honda is proud of, that is. A certain high profile series was conspicuous by its absence. :lol: To me it just underscores their pathetic situation. Then again, most Americans don't even knoew what F1 is, and Scott Speed is feverishly working to make sure it stays that way.
By 130R
ffs, I still don't understand how a company with such a sporting history and pretty much 'unlimited' funds and resources can be running a non competitive F1 car...
By madbrad
This commercial doesn't make me want to buy a Honda, I'm pretty sure it was designed to make people want a Honda. I guess it works on other people though.
By welshie
Yeah I think it's brilliant. I want that old F1 car!! And the NSX :D
By welshie
This is probably one of my favourite adds of all time!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2VCfOC69jc&NR=1

This one is just plain crazy, took me a while to figure out what it was going on about!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W-O7jnoSWo
By 7UpJordan
This is probably one of my favourite adds of all time!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2VCfOC69jc&NR=1

You can never get tired of that advert. The "OK" one was quite good for a while too. :)
By vegas
ffs, I still don't understand how a company with such a sporting history and pretty much 'unlimited' funds and resources can be running a non competitive F1 car...

Well in some areas the japanese peoples have excelled. And other areas they have not. Its the most simple explanation I have. Honda makes a robot now called Asimo that can do many tasks. I have even seen them operating heavy machinery.
By Ron Dennis

this is my wifes Honda

(though we lost that plate when we moved to Florida - we still have F1 related plates for both of our vehicles)
By saz17
the NSX, oh how i wih i could afford a lovely NSX!!
By darwin dali
From Kansas...that explains a few things... :P:twisted::mrgreen:
By Red Racer

U dont need money to go fast this is every1s budget Toyota $418.5 million, Ferrari $406.5m, McLaren $402m, Honda $380.5m, BMW Sauber $355m, Renault $324m, Red Bull $252m, Williams $195.5m, Midland F1/Spyker-MF1 $120m, Toro Rosso $75m, and Super Aguri $57 million.
By Ron Dennis
From Kansas...that explains a few things... :P:twisted::mrgreen:

Actually I'm from England then spent some time in other bits o Europe, then Dallas, Little Rock, Kanas City and now somewhere in Florida.

Bit o er pikey me thinks!
By bud
I like your sandals Ron Dennis :P
By Ron Dennis
yeah the sandals have been commented on before!

But you know, in a hot climate, people wear 'em all the time!

Though the ones there are a pair of cheap walmart ones I used when I am doing yard work!

See our F1 related articles too!