FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By bud
It's "full speed ahead" for McLaren. The British racing team-turned-supercar-maker is hard at work producing the new MP4-12C and just recently debut the GT3 racing version. But that's just the tip of the proverbial for McLaren, which has big plans for additional models to follow. Autocar has published a forecast on a new top-of-the-line hypercar to follow in the footsteps of the iconic McLaren F1, set to take on the likes of the Bugatti Veyron and Pagani Huayra.

Like the MP4-12C, the flagship supercar is expected to be built around a carbon-fiber monocoque packing a 799-horsepower, 5.0-liter version of the 3.8-liter twin-turbo V8 developed with Ricardo mated to the same Graziano seven-speed "pre-cog" dual-clutch gearbox. With that much power, we're looking at a 2.8-second sprint to 60 miles per hour before hitting 200 mph in 20 seconds flat.

According to the report, the car dubbed "Mega Mac" will arrive sometime in 2014, with just 500 examples pegged for production with a price tag in the neighborhood of $600,000. Of course, these specifications could prove entirely speculative, and we wouldn't be surprised if the end result were even quicker, and – given the seven-figure supercars we've been seeing lately – more expensive.

Cant wait for this baby :yikes:
By LewEngBridewell
Bring it oooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn :headbang:
By darwin dali
There was me expecting a new massive burger from McDonalds :hehe:

Is that you and your mum there in the pic?
By andrew
There was me expecting a new massive burger from McDonalds :hehe:

Is that you and your mum there in the pic?

No, it's just another random picture found on Google. It looks more like Helen Mirren and a fat bloke.
By bud

Introducing the McLaren P1

McLaren Automotive will use its first ever international motor show appearance to preview its next generation ultimate supercar – the McLaren P1 – which takes much of its technological and spiritual inspiration from the company’s Racing division. The McLaren P1 has one simple goal: to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.
At the Paris Motor Show, Mondial de l'Automobile 2012, the McLaren P1 is previewed as a design study. Next year a production version, which the company aims to put on sale within 12 months, will be revealed.

‘The McLaren P1 will be the result of 50 years of racing and road car heritage,’ says McLaren Automotive Executive Chairman Ron Dennis. ‘Twenty years ago we raised the supercar performance bar with the McLaren F1 and our goal with the McLaren P1 is to redefine it once again.’

‘Our aim is not necessarily to be the fastest in absolute top speed but to be the quickest and most rewarding series production road car on a circuit’, says McLaren Automotive Managing Director Antony Sheriff. ‘It is the true test of a supercar’s all round ability and a much more important technical statement. Our goal is to make the McLaren P1 the most exciting, most capable, most technologically advanced and most dynamically accomplished supercar ever made.’
When the McLaren P1 goes into production later next year, it will sit above the 12C and 12C Spider, in terms of both price and performance.
More information will be released following the McLaren Automotive press conference scheduled for 17.45 CEST (16.45 BST), on Thursday 27 September 2012. Be sure to follow us on the Official McLaren Automotive Facebook page for all the latest news and exclusive content from the Paris launch.

By scotty
This will be spectacularly quick. Not keen on those concept looks though. Hoping McLaren and Ferrari's new supercars will finally shut the Veyron fanboys up... :D
By vlad
Kinda ugly? All those supercars tend to be like that. :hehe:
By LRW

Ugly? I would make bottom love to that car it's so schexy......
By andrew

Hideous indeed but not alone in being an ugly brute! Give me a F40, an Enzo or a Veyron.

This will be spectacularly quick. Not keen on those concept looks though. Hoping McLaren and Ferrari's new supercars will finally shut the Veyron fanboys up... :D

The Veyron the motorcars Concorde moment.
By myownalias

Ugly? I would make bottom love to that car it's so schexy......

I like the look of it; although not so sure about the black panels on the doors, I'd prefer it to be the same colour as the rest of the body, love the strip LED lighting!
By bud
I prefer the 12C to this in looks wise buy uglier than a Veryon? :rofl: that has to be the ugliest and pointless supercar ever made, I never understand Veryon fan boys.

Can't wait to see the things that really count about the P1, the specs and performance numbers.
By Jabberwocky
The veyron is boring, electronics and computer aids in cars make them boring.
By andrew
2 engines dude! it's a nice bit of engineering though. I like the idea of a company being mad enough to do something like this just to show it can be done, even though they supposedly made a loss on each one sold.
By What's Burning?
This apparently is the Jenson Button version of the McLaren P1. It would seem he was struggling for rear grip with the normal version bud posted above. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!