FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!
Very nice work, Sir! :thumbup:

Thank you kind Sir! :)

All very nice my favorite is the 4th one.Nice job!! :thumbup:

Thanks. The building you see silhouetted is the old harbour masters building which is now an office for an offshore engineering firm. This photo was looking over the harbour entrance over to Torry, in some places one of the less salubrious areas of Aberdeen.

Next time you get some big north sea storms you should play with the shutter speeds, get some good effects with the water.

I'd love to do that but my camera doesn't have a shutter speed control. I'm using a Sony Cybershot DSC W310.

If anyone is interested in cargo ships, supply ships, AHTS vessels and the like, I have loads by virtue of the south side of the harbour entrance being a nice quiet place to site on a fine day for an afternoon and me having an itchy trigger finger. So I have the ship spotting covered for any ship fans around. :D
Agh spewing about the cybershot, the water coming over the jetty and the waves crashing would be a good effect with a longer exposure, like you see with some water fall shots. Ships eh, any Viking Longboats drifting in from Norway by any chance ? :hehe:
Nice photos indeed. I know the area very well with half my family from Aberdeen, I used to spend summer, Easter and Christmas holidays there from about 1983 - 2000-ish, was still in Aberdeen regularly until 2006 / 2007 when my Gran died and still there now from time to time to visit other relatives (stayed in Banchory for a week last summer). My Uncle stays in Torry - he works at the prison (has done since about 1985). Along the beach front near Pittodrie is a lovely place to look at, it's just a shame that the boulevard became a haven for boy racers and drug dealers at night for so long before the police really began doing something about it the last few years.
Andrew, seems like you have a tendency to center things, most of your subjects would have more visually impact if you played with the vertical or horizontal center lines as you frame things.

See our F1 related articles too!