About FORUMula1.com
F1 and Motorsport Forums
F1 and Motorsport Forums

LewEngBridewell wrote:After the Canadian Grand Prix gave the BBC some incredibly high ratings, I doubt the BBC would drop it through choice. I'm still not sure if the pay TV thing is good, but I would definitely pay to watch it, whatever.It's said that the BBC has to cut its budget considerably, and the choice might be between having F1, and having the whole BBC4 channel.
FerrariFan63 wrote:The fact ive never even heard of BB4 speaks volumnes, i thought it stopped at 3.LewEngBridewell wrote:After the Canadian Grand Prix gave the BBC some incredibly high ratings, I doubt the BBC would drop it through choice. I'm still not sure if the pay TV thing is good, but I would definitely pay to watch it, whatever.It's said that the BBC has to cut its budget considerably, and the choice might be between having F1, and having the whole BBC4 channel.
£60m for F1 coverage was quoted.
FRAFPDD wrote: The fact ive never even heard of BB4 speaks volumnes, i thought it stopped at 3.It's easy for us on this forum to say so, but there are many people who don't watch F1 who would be outraged if the entire BBC4 channel was dropped to keep F1. I don't think that overall the decision will be as "obvious" as you paint it.
BBC coverage of any sport blows any network in the entire world out the water, its the biggest, oldest and most established in the world entire, and a move to either a pay-channel or back to ITV with its adverts would be a total joke.
The_Stig_Money wrote:Speed tv! f1 is the only thing that should be on speed tv. Jk Brits pro ally don't get speed tv
Excellent channel that treats motor racing as a dignified sport

Juliet P wrote:I'm not buying Sky to watch F1. No. No. No.I guess that's my point proven...

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!