FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By bud
Jeep

My sister has a Jeep Patriot. It seems like an alright city driving 4x4 well I am considering buying an 09 Manual Jeep Patriot with only 20,000 kays which is F all.

But I am interested in hearing honest opinions from Americans on Jeep Patriots, pros cons, and Jeeps in General.

Cheers
Last edited by bud on 15 May 11, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Run away as fast as you can!!! Actually I have no personal experience with Patriot but the SMART MONEY look's for a used 4x4 4Runners or Landcruisers. Hell I'm American and I don't even buy American car's! :wink:
so thats a no for Jeep huh :hehe:

I am embarrassed to admit that during a portion of my life, I owned a Chrysler minivan. :banghead: it was the "sensible" thing to do while carting around two toddlers and two grandmothers. The timing belt broke at around 20k miles, and I had it in the shop four separate occasions for a transmission that loved to very abruptly clunk into gear. It was the worst vehicle I'd ever owned from a reliability standpoint, and it just so happened to be the only American car I'd ever purchased.
Jeep

My sister has a Jeep Patriot. It seems like an alright city driving 4x4 well I am considering buying an 09 Manual Jeep Patriot with only 20,000 kays which is F all.

But I am interested in hearing honest opinions from Americans on Jeep Patriots, pros cons, and Jeeps in General.

Cheers

What about American sisters, eh? :wink:

I am embarrassed to admit that during a portion of my life, I owned a Chrysler minivan. :banghead: it was the "sensible" thing to do while carting around two toddlers and two grandmothers. The timing belt broke at around 20k miles, and I had it in the shop four separate occasions for a transmission that loved to very abruptly clunk into gear. It was the worst vehicle I'd ever owned from a reliability standpoint, and it just so happened to be the only American car I'd ever purchased.

I drive a 2005 Grand Caravan company car - no problems of the sort you describe. Got close to 100k on it now and plan on keeping it another 3 or 4 years.

I drive a 2005 Grand Caravan company car - no problems of the sort you describe. Got close to 100k on it now and plan on keeping it another 3 or 4 years.

Key word's "company car" :wink: !!!
If I wanted a Jeep it would be atleast an older model (20yr's+) with the 4.0 I6 like a friend of mine used to own.
I don't know anything about the Patriot but my dad has owned Jeeps for about 15+ years and they have been very reliable. First he owned a 1996 Grand Cherokee, he gave it to his car dealer friend and it's still kickin'. Now I believe he owns a 2008 Commander Overland and it's amazing. It's very safe, reliable, and high-tech.
I can't give you advice on the Patriot, but I think it looks nice and I'm sure it's a good car.
My mom also owns a '98 Chrysler and it's in good shape. From my personal experience, an American car is a fine choice.
I test drove a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, automatic transmission about six months back and it was pretty atrocious, the gear change was laughable; put my foot down and it took between five & 10 seconds to change down. The handling felt very rolly; going around a corner at 20mph was terrifying and for a V8 lump it was very sluggish, suffice to say I didn't but it even if it was $4k cheaper than the car I eventually bought! But all that said; I haven't driven a more modern Jeep, they might be better built and use better components!
I drive 2009 jeep patriots every day at work and I will NEVER spend money on one. We've got 2 and they're bumpy as hell and the seats aren't comfortable at all, the steering wheel makes my hands all gritty (a cover would fix that, but i've never driven a car that needed one), and both of them are in the shop every 2 months...............don't do it
I'm not American...so excuse my crashing. I'm surprised none of you guys seem to have much concern about fuel consumption (due to mention of 4l, 3.5l) these are monster engines!

Isn't hybrid starting to manifest itself in the market? Dont mean to take this thread out of course though I was thinking the European/American automotive industry is leading the hybrid campaign.

See our F1 related articles too!