FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By texasmr2
the front is nice, the back end looks odd

I mentioned breadvan because it reminds me of this one:

Now we have another one that hit's the market in Oct 2011:
2012 Ferrari FF,
$300K
6.3ltr 651-hp/504-ft lb V12
AWD
0-60mph in 3.7sec
Top speed of 208mph
Ferrari-FF_mp20_pic_77869.jpg

ferrari-ff-snow.jpg

ferrari-ff-interior-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Jabberwocky
but the original bread van was for aero purposes and to hold the gearbox IIRC
By What's Burning?
The ff looks like an elongated BMW Z1 coupe, which was already a relatively hideous automobile in it's own right.
By What's Burning?
The ff looks like an elongated BMW Z1 coupe, which was already a relatively hideous automobile in it's own right.

That Alfa is proof, that the concept CAN be done right.
By texasmr2

A snippet from an article concerning the 'Breadvan':
"In 1961 engineer's Bizzarrini,Chiti, and others left Ferrari to start their own company and helped Count Volpi's racing team. This prompted Enzo to cancel Volpi's order of two GTO's, so Volpi's team converted a 250 SWB to better-than-GTO spec, lowering the roof and giving it anaerodynamic Kamm-tail in all of just 14 days".

Anywho thats all for naught as I just meant the Alfa remind's me of the Breadvan and even more of the FF. It is interesting for me to see such changes from a marque and especially one's we could not even consider a decade ago. I really like the Alfa though so I'm not hating.
By acosmichippo
Parts of the Alfa remind me of the 612 - especially the headlamps.
By Jabberwocky

A snippet from an article concerning the 'Breadvan':
"In 1961 engineer's Bizzarrini,Chiti, and others left Ferrari to start their own company and helped Count Volpi's racing team. This prompted Enzo to cancel Volpi's order of two GTO's, so Volpi's team converted a 250 SWB to better-than-GTO spec, lowering the roof and giving it anaerodynamic Kamm-tail in all of just 14 days".

Anywho thats all for naught as I just meant the Alfa remind's me of the Breadvan and even more of the FF. It is interesting for me to see such changes from a marque and especially one's we could not even consider a decade ago. I really like the Alfa though so I'm not hating.

I was not hating it either mate, would I buy one, not on looks alone.
By What's Burning?
:yikes: is there really a consensus in this thread that we all like the attempt?
By texasmr2
I like it as I see alot of cues from the past and I like it when that happens.

See our F1 related articles too!