FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
I would be worried about my battery not lasting the whole race

Someone needs a new phone! These are just the ones on my desk, I'd send you one of mine but they're not the right frequency for European 3G use. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I would be worried about my battery not lasting the whole race

Someone needs a new phone! These are just the ones on my desk, I'd send you one of mine but they're not the right frequency for European 3G use. :D

Lets face it I have an Android and I just about get a day out of a charge.
I think it will be running the app on my Tablet though
By bud
iPhone's aren't any better battery life wise. :irked:

And WB I just searched the app store the other night for the F1.com timing app and noticed its absence, the Soft Pauer one is made by a different company and has been available parallel to the F1.com app. It's really pointless for F1 having having both they basically give you the same functions though the Pauer one gives you the fancy map but that's about the only difference. I think for F1 to make you pay so much for the in app purchases they should offer love video! It's quite sad they went this route as the F1.com was good to use when not near a tv or as a companion to watching the race or qualifying.

F1.com timing does work on the phones browser so it's not all lost, just nice and easier having an app for it.
iPhone's aren't any better battery life wise. :irked:

And WB I just searched the app store the other night for the F1.com timing app and noticed its absence, the Soft Pauer one is made by a different company and has been available parallel to the F1.com app. It's really pointless for F1 having having both they basically give you the same functions though the Pauer one gives you the fancy map but that's about the only difference. I think for F1 to make you pay so much for the in app purchases they should offer love video! It's quite sad they went this route as the F1.com was good to use when not near a tv or as a companion to watching the race or qualifying.

F1.com timing does work on the phones browser so it's not all lost, just nice and easier having an app for it.

Yeah I was thinking of going that route... easier browsing on my iPad so I'll keep that handy during the race. It's just that the F1 iPhone app was exactly what was needed and it was gratis! :banghead:

Why have you got so many iPhones?

Part of my job role is testing pre-release devices.

Lets face it I have an Android and I just about get a day out of a charge.
I think it will be running the app on my Tablet though

Two of the biggest things you can do to save power is turn off WiFi when not in use, and turn down the brightness of the screen to 20% or so all the time. With all of the devices I have I'm still using primarily a two year old Samsung that I can get 1.5 days worth of usage out of without a charge.
I've got free f1 timing 2012 app on my IPad, but it's not very good. it has little cars going round a map but not in synch with what's actually happening. Unless Im doing something majorly wrong :( . It keeps suggesting I go to the bit where you pay for more services, but I'm not,especially as the free bit is useless.The timesheet lists were wrong as well.It had people topping the practice times and I was watching on tele and it was wrong.
If I remember correctly the "free" portion of it is just the app. It's not functional. You then pay by either buying the entire season or renting a race weekend. It's actually quite expensive to pay for the entire year.

But the point of having the iPad is that you can actually go directly to the live timing app on the F1 website (create and account)for free and get everything except the tiny cars going around the track. You can also watch all of the race edits.
oh I see. right I'll try that, when I get back from work. :yikes: Yes work. this afternoon Im going to work!
oh I see. right I'll try that, when I get back from work. :yikes: Yes work. this afternoon Im going to work!

The kids have probably forgotten what you look like... some may even have moved on to puberty it's been so long.

See our F1 related articles too!