FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
McLaren have announced they support the proposed engine formula. But what do they care, they don't build the engine.

10,000 RPMs is pretty sad. There are production street motorcycles with 15,000 RPM redlines. And they come with a warranty and mufflers and everything.

McLaren will be making their own F1 engines for these regs. The fact they are going to be relatively cheap to make is probably why they are for them. They are making their own V8 twin turbo engines in the 12C.

Agreed on the 10krpm limit, thats a bit of a let down especially for fans at the track. :irked:
McLaren have announced they support the proposed engine formula. But what do they care, they don't build the engine.

10,000 RPMs is pretty sad. There are production street motorcycles with 15,000 RPM redlines. And they come with a warranty and mufflers and everything.

McLaren will be making their own F1 engines for these regs. The fact they are going to be relatively cheap to make is probably why they are for them. They are making their own V8 twin turbo engines in the 12C.

Agreed on the 10krpm limit, thats a bit of a let down especially for fans at the track. :irked:

WOW, we will finally get to see a full functional McLaren car that is a true "Tutto McLaren" (All McLaren). Although McLaren a quite capable of this, it would appear to be a waste of time. That is if Ferrari oppose the new turbo idea then we all know by now that unless they change their minds that it wont happen. We all saw what happened with the "Radio Gate" and that was nothing. In the end you and all others who don't support Ferrari will realise and learn that it is Ferrari that dictates what happens in F1 and nobody else. Ferrari is F1 and without it F1 would be no better than say Indycar or Nascar. Just look at Mosely, While he was all for Ferrari he reigned supreme. The moment he opposed Ferrari he was no longer FIA president. In layman terms Ferrari are like the Mafia. Mess with the Mafia and you are finished. Mess with Ferrari and you share the same fate. It has been proven time and time again. I wonder how long it will take you all to simply see the light......................... :thumbup:
if what you say is even remotely true the fact you support it well, that just says more about you and your lack of honour than anything else.

I support Ferrari. There is no greater honour than that. When will you finally understand this. Probably never but it matters not. Things are the way they are and they will never change. Either except it and deal with it or change to Ferrari and you wont have to ever complain about it again. :thumbup:
If what you say is true then dont you think the FIA would have supported Ferrari in the DD diffuser saga last year? Before the relationship went sour? Ferrari will have as much say as the other engine manufacturers when it comes to the engine regs. I support the proposed regs aside from the 10k rpm limit, that will take a lot away from a fans standpoint at the track, not having screaming chest rumbling cars going past you wont be the same :crying:
If what you say is true then dont you think the FIA would have supported Ferrari in the DD diffuser saga last year? Before the relationship went sour? Ferrari will have as much say as the other engine manufacturers when it comes to the engine regs. I support the proposed regs aside from the 10k rpm limit, that will take a lot away from a fans standpoint at the track, not having screaming chest rumbling cars going past you wont be the same :crying:

In the 80s when there were turbo cars, Ferrari were crap. I guess they are not the best turbo car builders. That's more Porsche and Saab territory (both awesome makes of cars as well). I do not support turbo F1 cars if it is not good for Ferrari. As for the difuser thing that was different. Ferrari didn't like it because they were caught out and fell behind. They eventually put the same difusers on their cars and became competitive. As for turbo engines that would require more than a simple change. And a difuser is quite simple when compared to an all new engine redevelopment. I can bet if Ferrari refuse this change that it will not go ahead. And I usually win my bets when it comes to Ferrari. I betted that Ferrari would walk away from the team orders thing and won easily and with confidence. :D
if what you say is even remotely true the fact you support it well, that just says more about you and your lack of honour than anything else.

I support Ferrari. There is no greater honour than that. When will you finally understand this. Probably never but it matters not. Things are the way they are and they will never change. Either except it and deal with it or change to Ferrari and you wont have to ever complain about it again. :thumbup:

I think this decision has a lot to do with the green perception or a better word than "green" is relevance. That and standardization/continuity for both WRC and F1 in the engine specs, Ferrari doesn't run WRC cars, so I'm curious what the rule will be come 2013.

I think this decision has a lot to do with the green perception or a better word than "green" is relevance. That and standardization/continuity for both WRC and F1 in the engine specs, Ferrari doesn't run WRC cars, so I'm curious what the rule will be come 2013.

If the turbos are implemented I would love the masters of turbos to come to F1. Porsche and possibly even Saab. With Saab I am dreaming but under Spyker who knows. Porsche on the other hand have a rich racing hertiage like Ferrari. To me Porsche are as great as Ferrari (I always get mocked for that comment but oh well I like Porsche too). If Porsche comes back that would be nice. If they ever did they would probably be an engine supplier is my best bet.
Sorry AKR FOTA is around now days, Ferrari are a member of that association so they wont get their own way unless they can convince everyone else.

Ferrari are good at convincing if they need to. Remember didn't take them too much effort last time when they threatened a break away series and had the support of most teams including your beloved McLaren. :)
Ferrari didnt threat to break away, FOTA did. Theres a difference.

If the turbos are implemented I would love the masters of turbos to come to F1. Porsche and possibly even Saab. With Saab I am dreaming but under Spyker who knows. Porsche on the other hand have a rich racing hertiage like Ferrari. To me Porsche are as great as Ferrari (I always get mocked for that comment but oh well I like Porsche too). If Porsche comes back that would be nice. If they ever did they would probably be an engine supplier is my best bet.

I recall Renault being the best at Turbo power followed by Honda back in the prime of turbo power. We are talking F1 here not road cars...
Ferrari didnt threat to break away, FOTA did. Theres a difference.

I recall Renault being the best at Turbo power followed by Honda back in the prime of turbo power. We are talking F1 here not road cars...

Forget Saab for now and count just Porsche, I am not talking road cars nor F1. I am talking Porsche Motorsport. Their cars have been and currently are successful in other categories of racing and they can easily translate this into F1 if they tried to. Renault and Honda bore me. Ferrari, Porsche, Saab, Maserati, European Fords, Lancia they excite me...
we all like to see you excited :whip:

Naughty, naughty, naughty you. :rofl:
I wouldnt mind V6 turbos.
But if the i4 or boxer or V4 turbos are electrical or run with some super green fuel not requiring batteries, then they're ok as well.

In other words... if F1 wants to run 4 cyl then it better be a special engine. Not just a slight improvement on what we already see in a whole bunch of other categories...

See our F1 related articles too!