FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Hexagram
Jonathan Legard is the other guy, he annoyed me. If you ask me Martin Brundle should be on his own in the commentary box.
By Hexagram
I normally like BBC Sport, but apart from the ads, it looked amateurish compared to ITV's coverage! Commentary was awful, everything about it looked like it had been put together in 5 minutes! It seems to have gone backwards since ITV lost the contract! Bernie, get it back on ITV!

So the ad breaks dont bother you on itv?
By big ron
I thought the coverage was pretty good overall. It's nice to be able to switch to the in-car camera whenever you want. The only thing I didn't like was that scottish girl. She's as dour as Gordon Brown.
By Jamie
I normally like BBC Sport, but apart from the ads, it looked amateurish compared to ITV's coverage! Commentary was awful, everything about it looked like it had been put together in 5 minutes! It seems to have gone backwards since ITV lost the contract! Bernie, get it back on ITV!

So the ad breaks dont bother you on itv?

i fount that highly annoying :banghead:
Kimi is going to over-take.....A Break :irked:
By Jamie
I thought the coverage was pretty good overall. It's nice to be able to switch to the in-car camera whenever you want. The only thing I didn't like was that scottish girl. She's as dour as Gordon Brown.

You can go into the car? really....how the fook do u do that??????
By Griff
The red buton is great including watching the pratices and all the different camera views. I have to admit if i hear the word handy one more time i'll probably explode :banghead::banghead:
By meddler
Humprhey was good, DC was generally poor, Jordan was an absolute idiot, Legard was dull and confused, he got excited over the most trivial things, like how many tenths the gap between Button and Vettel was increasing and decreasing. Legard was definitely the negative point, as I'm only really interested in the race and its commentary. Brundle didn't really meet the standard he set with ITV mainly because IMO he and Legard don't really work well together as a commentary team. Especially how he kept yappin' on with unimportant tripe, not letting Brundle get a word in at times. I think JA should've been there to be quite honest, he along with Brundle as a commentary team are far better.

Davidson was the star with 5Live commentary, his insightfulness was simply excellent and he seemed to know what was going on, more so than even Brundle. Croft annoys me though.
Last edited by meddler on 30 Mar 09, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
By Jamie
How do u do the different camera views????/
By Griff
How do u do the different camera views????/

If u got digital TV then you press red button while on BBC then select F1 multiscreen
By Jamie
I did, how do u change camera view though....:hehe:
Normally good with technology, I feel like the granddad of the pack, now I know how Jacques feels :twisted:
By EwanM
LMAO, here is some of Martin Brundle's commentary corkers from last weekend:

Thanks to http://www.brundlequotes.com/

“Massa is like a good wine – he just keeps getting better and better.”

“Mirrors are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.”

“Buemi was out on the track and looked like he’d been rehearsing on the wrong PlayStation game.”

“Mirrors are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.”

“Buemi was out on the track and looked like he’d been rehearsing on the wrong PlayStation game.”

“Massa giving it full bananas absolutely everywhere.”

“The cars look more classy. Apart from that, that front wing scares small children.”

(to Ross) “You threw a Mercedes Benz engine in the back, [attached] I imagine with bungee straps and spit and chewing gum.”

“There are those horribly wide front wings. They’re so ugly, I think they should put brown paper bags over them on the grid.”
By scotty
I liked Martin's comment on Piquet's post spin radio conversation :hehe:
By Jensonb
Awww :(

TV's Formula One beauty Lee McKenzie on why she won't party with the drivers
Mar 8 2009 By Heather Greenaway

'I'd never dream of stripping off for a men's magazine'

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz- ... -21181573/

I don't think we need her to mate, she's pretty lovely already

See our F1 related articles too!