FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Jensonb
Gotta say, I'm loving the BBC's coverage package. It's got just the kind of tone I want. Legard's a good counterpoint to Brundle - he's like a slightly less excitable Murray (Stylistically). EJ and DC are good for banter and Jake Humphrey's a big talent, doing just the right job (Moderating between EJ and DC and whatever guests they have)
By Jenson's Beard
I think it's an improvement on ITV, but it isn't perfect. David Coulthard is excellent. Jake Humphreys is good. I'm still not sure about Eddie Jordan.

Jonathan Legard seemed to talk over Brundle a bit, and feined excitement a few times. I'm not convinced by him, but Brundle is, as always, an excellent aset to the team.
By Jensonb
The BBC F1 theme (The famous bit of The Chain) is now my ringtone :D

I also bought the song on iTunes
By scotty
I must just say that seeing Martin Brundle's moobs at 5.30am wasn't a great experience.
By darwin dali
I must just say that seeing Martin Brundle's moobs at 5.30am wasn't a great experience.

Can't be as bad as Mr. Chubby's, or can it? :hehe:
By scotty

Nah you don't have to look at Juan Pablo Chubtoya's moobs, he wears a bra with a bigger cup size than my girlfriend does... :hehe:
By darwin dali

Nah you don't have to look at Juan Pablo Chubtoya's moobs, he wears a bra with a bigger cup size than my girlfriend does... :hehe:

Who does? Brundle or Mr. Chubby? Need to clarify for racechick :twisted::P
By tombo
I have to say, the BBC has thoroughly kicked ITV's arse with their coverage of the f1. Everything from the opening titles to the pairing of DC and Eddie Jordan as pundits has hit the nail on the head. I wasn't sure about Jonathan Legard at first but i think he's doing a great job, and doesn't excited whenever lewis hamilton is on screen (James Allen anyone?). The iPlayer is a jem too. My only nag is that they cut the gridwalk from the re run :O

So, how do you think the bbc are doing?
By EwanM
I have to say, the BBC has thoroughly kicked ITV's arse with their coverage of the f1. Everything from the opening titles to the pairing of DC and Eddie Jordan as pundits has hit the nail on the head. I wasn't sure about Jonathan Legard at first but i think he's doing a great job, and doesn't excited whenever lewis hamilton is on screen (James Allen anyone?). The iPlayer is a jem too. My only nag is that they cut the gridwalk from the re run :O

So, how do you think the bbc are doing?

I enjoyed what the BBC offered practically (ie practice, no ads) but the jury is still out on the rest.
Although I kinda like Legard.
By Jensonb
EJ seems to get worse every time he appears. If he doesn't pick up his game I can see him being replaced for 2010
By Bovvaboy
Hi everyone, I don't mean to be negative for my first post but here in New Zealand the BBC coverage was not too good. Probably just teething problems but still a little frustrating. During the press conference at the end of the race , Button was on the screen but the audio was an interview with Hamilton. Then when they did get it almost right the audio was behind the picture. This may have been only a problem on our local SKY feed, but there were also lots of botch ups by the new commentator. Getting drivers mixed up and making generally uninformed comments "Piquet is making a move down the outside" when I could have sworn he crashed out a few laps before!.....hope he improves.

Good racing though! Cars seem pretty quick, Jensons pole was only about a second slower than his pole in 06. Looking forward to the rest of the season!!!!!!
By EwanM
Hi everyone, I don't mean to be negative for my first post but here in New Zealand the BBC coverage was not too good. Probably just teething problems but still a little frustrating. During the press conference at the end of the race , Button was on the screen but the audio was an interview with Hamilton. Then when they did get it almost right the audio was behind the picture. This may have been only a problem on our local SKY feed, but there were also lots of botch ups by the new commentator. Getting drivers mixed up and making generally uninformed comments "Piquet is making a move down the outside" when I could have sworn he crashed out a few laps before!.....hope he improves.

Good racing though! Cars seem pretty quick, Jensons pole was only about a second slower than his pole in 06. Looking forward to the rest of the season!!!!!!

Hey welcome. Sorry I merged your original post into the thread already created.
By tommy2k8
I normally like BBC Sport, but apart from the ads, it looked amateurish compared to ITV's coverage! Commentary was awful, everything about it looked like it had been put together in 5 minutes! It seems to have gone backwards since ITV lost the contract! Bernie, get it back on ITV!
By irons_4_ever
I normally like BBC Sport, but apart from the ads, it looked amateurish compared to ITV's coverage! Commentary was awful, everything about it looked like it had been put together in 5 minutes! It seems to have gone backwards since ITV lost the contract! Bernie, get it back on ITV!

thought it was bang on my self apart from the man besides brundell.

See our F1 related articles too!