FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By EwanM
it will be interesting to see, we get the British coverage down here (except for the Aus Gp) so im looking forward to their coverage. What can i expect in terms of differences between BBC coverage and ITV?

Do you mean the commentary, you have your own race build up yes?
Erm all you get is a change in Commentator. James Allen has been replaced by Jonathan Legard, Brundle is still there as is Ted Kravitz in the pits. Louise Goodman has been replaced by Lee McKenzie.
By Spasa-Pasa
it will be interesting to see, we get the British coverage down here (except for the Aus Gp) so im looking forward to their coverage. What can i expect in terms of differences between BBC coverage and ITV?

Do you mean the commentary, you have your own race build up yes?
Erm all you get is a change in Commentator. James Allen has been replaced by Jonathan Legard, Brundle is still there as is Ted Kravitz in the pits. Louise Goodman has been replaced by Lee McKenzie.

Our own race build-up??? HA ha HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Well, I hope that this year we get a decent build-up to the races. And maybe the race live.
They should now have the infrastructure and no excuses. It looks promising. I can't wait for the season to start :) (I get all giddy just thinking about it)
By Jensonb
Jake Humphrey is teasing us about the new Titles

I wanna see them now:(
The tune brings back great memories but i think the adverts a a bit poor.....my youngest lad said after the advert that he hopes thats not a sign of the bbc coverage and i had to agree.....although i have only seen the one with the 2 cars in it is there more
By 7UpJordan
The advert's a bit corny, but it's great to hear that classic tune at the end.
By Jensonb
The advert's a bit corny, but it's great to hear that classic tune at the end.

Doesn't help that they're not really F1 Cars, or even purpose-built mockups. They're locally (South African) sourced open wheelers done up to "look like" F1 cars.

Conceptually, I like the trail. I suspect also that some of the footage will find its way into the new Titles

Which they better not make us wait until Friday to see - or worse, Saturday.
By Gilles 27
i would have liked a really simple teaser like some archive footage of a Lotus 72 spinning it's rear wheels off the start line in close-up and super slo-mo with the chain fading in and the BBC F1 logo appearing... yeh
Well I as much as i'm sure everyone is excited about the new season - of all the unknowns is this years BBC coverage.
I had high hopes for the BBC and still do. Live practice, interactive post race forum, less Lewis-Centric Coverage, Red Button feed etc etc. It sounds so good.

I was even impressed that they even bothered changing their F1 website... I could even handle those (now annoying) Car Chase commercials...
However on delving deep into the BBC site I was horrified to discover their excuse for Drivers profiles.
Now I know they planned to let the casual viewers get to know the other drivers a bit better, but is there really any need for the likes of this?

Here's an example... and this is a template for all the drivers profiles.

MASSA TAKES OUR DRIVERS' TEST
What three words would you use to describe what it's like to be a Formula One driver?

Adrenalin, enjoyable and passion.

What is the biggest perk of the job?

Driving the car, especially when you're racing against another driver or the time; and when you get paid for it, it's even more incredible.

How would you like to be remembered as an F1 driver?

I would love to be remembered as a world champion.

What is your most embarrassing sporting moment?

In the last race of 2008 in Brazil, it was kind of embarrassing because I was almost the world champion and suddenly everything changed in the last moment. But that was not really embarassment; it was just the race and the sport.

Who is the worst dressed Formula One driver?

Ralf Schumacher.

Ayrton Senna or Alain Prost?

Senna, no doubt about it.

Spa or Monaco?

Spa.

MASSA STATS & FACTS
Team: Ferrari
Team-mate: Kimi Raikkonen
Previous team: Sauber
Car number: 3
Nationality: Brazilian
Born: 25/04/1981, Sao Paulo
Grand Prix debut: Australia 2002
Grands Prix entered: 106
Wins: 11
Pole positions: 15
Podiums: 27
If you weren't an F1 driver what would you be?

Well I think I would be involved with racing cars or working with cars in some way as I have always been in love with that. But I would love to play football, I would happy being a football player but it would not be possible because I'm not very talented. I can play but not like a professional.

Who is the greatest sportsman of all time?

Pele.

What would be your perfect day off?

The best day off is to be in Brazil with my friends and my family in my country house or on the beach.

Where is your favourite place to go on holiday?

Brazil.

Apart from a house what is the most expensive thing that you own?

A plane. It's a small one, actually.

What is your favourite item of clothing?

Dolce & Gabbana.

What is your favourite music to drive to?

I like any kind of music but at the minute I'm listening to The Killers.

Which famous person - dead or alive - would you like to have dinner with and why?

I think it would be very interesting to have dinner with George W Bush to know all the stories, he must have a lot of stories to tell. I'm not saying I'm a fan of Bush but it would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Tell us something about yourself that most F1 fans might not know.

I am a very disorganised person so my room is always a mess. My wife packs my luggage because if I did it would be disorganised.

Steve McQueen or Paul Newman?

Paul Newman.

Boxers or briefs?

Boxers.

Angelina Jolie or Keira Knightley?

Angelina Jolie.

James Bond or Austin Powers?

James Bond.

AS expected Kimi hasn't given any answers yet...
Being at home with my kids playing whatever they want to play. To be honest, I hate playing Power Rangers, but sometimes I do it.

Rubens's answer hahaha!
I actually think that stuff's quite entertaining. I'm all for the BBC doing some silly stuff with it, as long as the basic coverage is good. I'd like some really sarcastic commentary by James May or Harry Hill on the red button or a review programme on a midweek night with Brundle taking the piss out of anything idiotic of absurd that happened during the race weekend. F1 takes itself far too seriously!
It's just a bit of fun. We'll have to wait until this weekend before we can begin to make judgements.
I was cool with it, we already know the hard numbers, s it's nice to get to know some other stuff.

Incidentally, Jenson is so wrong on the Angelina/Keira issue.
I actually think that stuff's quite entertaining. I'm all for the BBC doing some silly stuff with it, as long as the basic coverage is good. I'd like some really sarcastic commentary by James May or Harry Hill on the red button or a review programme on a midweek night with Brundle taking the piss out of anything idiotic of absurd that happened during the race weekend. F1 takes itself far too seriously!

Speaking of James May. In the Top Gear F1 Preivew Magazine (Special Edition) He covers the history of the sport, and they've been able to place him in all these old photos looking through the decades.

Speaking of James May. In the Top Gear F1 Preivew Magazine (Special Edition) He covers the history of the sport, and they've been able to place him in all these old photos looking through the decades.

Damn you Ewman, now I have to go buy that.
Being at home with my kids playing whatever they want to play. To be honest, I hate playing Power Rangers, but sometimes I do it.

Rubens's answer hahaha!

Yeah, made me smile when I read that. He's so awesome :cloud9:

I wonder how Raikkonen would treat his kids, if he were to have them (that is, of course, assuming he doesn't). Would they be enjoying Johnnie Walker during their evenings? :hehe:

I was cool with it, we already know the hard numbers, s it's nice to get to know some other stuff.

Incidentally, Jenson is so wrong on the Angelina/Keira issue.

If he picked either of them, I'd lose all respect for the man. Adrian Sutil got his answer right, though. ;)

See our F1 related articles too!