FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Hi everyone,

I'm intending to purchase a three day ticket for this years GP at Silverstone but after spending the afternoon reading threads and looking at youtube I'm no closer to deciding which grandstand to watch the race from. I think I've managed to narrow the choice down to Abbey, Farm or Bridge - with Farm edging the lead on the assumption I'll be able to see cars braking for Abbey, negotiating the chicane and accelerating under the bridge... bit of everything as it were, plus the possibility of some spins/overtakes.

Can anyone whose sat at Farm grandstand confirm whether what I'm imagining matches the reality?
Would anyone recommend Bridge or Abbey over Farm because of something I may have missed? ie. wildly varying views from a stand depending on your seat...
Is there a big screen at Bridge, it's unclear from the circuit guide?

Don't really want to spend anymore than the £220 these tickets will cost but if anyone thinks it would be better spending the extra £30 for Club, Woodcote C or the Pit Straight I'd be keen to hear why.

It's my first Grand Prix, the last at Silverstone and it'll be my birthday to boot so I want to get it right. Any information, opinion or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Farm!? Are you kidding? It's an awful view you get from there. You'd be MUCH better off with a General Admission than wasting your time with cheap seats at Farm. :thumbdown:

Bridge isn't too bad, just so long as you don't mind seeing mostly the rear of the cars and not the front.

I have no experiences of Abbey.
General entry ok if you dont mid getting up at crack of dawn and still risking standing/sitting with some huge guy in front of you blocking the view. Also you cant leave the seats without them being taken. Ive done it a few times, its better than nothing. With grandatand you get to sit anywhere on Sat-wherever you've booked so i usualy go in pitstraight for quali to watch in the pits. But for the last four or five years ive sat in Bridge for the race, seats at the back are best. Yes you see the rear of the cars but you see some overtaking and you can see them going round the complex too. last year was wet so you saw them squirming about. Great view. Ive sat most places-Copse, Stowe, Pit straight, Abbey(That was a bit like watching a tennis match) and maggots beckets(thats good but a bit far back from the track). Bridge is my favourite.
Thanks guys,

Hmmm... shame about Farm, seemed like a pretty good view from the photo's I'd seen, thought you'd be able to see the tail of Abbey and the beginning of Bridge :(

I'd considered Stowe but while you seem to be able to see the car's for a good period of time, the stand seem quite a distance from the track and Bridge seems the better spectator corner.

Only thing putting me off Bridge is that it doesn't appear to have a big screen. Seeing mostly the rears of the cars wouldn't bother me so much as your close to the track here and as you say racechick it's good to see the car dynamics.
Yes you can see the big screen form Bridge. I have a picture taken of Lewis :tongue: on it after his AMAZING win. I cant post it now cos photobucket is blocked at school so I cant upload, I'll post it later.
Here it is. OK, i Zoomed in a bit but the screen is clear to see

See our F1 related articles too!