FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By certom
Latest news: Valentino Rossi, The doctor, will probably be in Formula 1 the next year with the Red Bull team, the "Team B" of Ferrari. He is pressed by the mediocre season with Yamaha, and the RBR is the best team in which he will improve his skill..the next year car will be designed by the genius Newey,it will have the Ferrari V8, and Coulthard will leave the Circus...
By certom
Rossi have chosen the RBR cause Schumi could have resigned for Ferrari, and his team mate could be Raikkonen...
By darwin dali
Red Bull the Ferrari B team? Just because they have the Ferrari engine I wouldn't call them the B team. Plus, they might switch engine supplier anyway.
DC leaving? Hm, that would be a bummer. I'd miss his sexy cubehead and miss giving him poo :mrgreen:
By certom
i've just reported what i had read...anyway, it can't be excluded that he will drive for a few years, because he is supported by his sponsor (nowadays you have a seat only thanks to it)...it was said that Ross Brawn offered him a seat in Ferrari, but as i have already written, MS would have resigned and KR will be in red suit...
By bud
Redbull is not a Ferrari "B" team guess that makes Torro Rosso a "C" team of Ferrari?
I dont see redbull using ferrari engines beyond this year newey wants to help design a winner and knows it wont happen with a ferrari engine!
By darwin dali
...because he's incapable. Others have designed winning cars with a Ferrari engine and won championships.
By Stephen
In recent times? Can't think of anyone except Ferrari...just look at Sauber. :D
By darwin dali
Exactly: Ferrari designed a dominant car with a Ferrari engine. And re. Sauber: where are they now with BMW power? Battling with Red Bull, Toyota and Williams for mid-field supremacy!
By bud
DD i think you miss the point, can you ever see Ferrari supplying a team engines only to see that team beat them on the track??? answer is NO
Its all good and well for Redbull to have the Ferrari name in their title to help sell more energy drinks ( on that note anyone had a jagerbomb? shot of jagermeister in a scooner of redbull which you have to skull ) anyways um yeah but for Redbull or any other team which purchases engines off of another pitlane competitor (Williams Lexus) cant expect to win championships! Works wins....

On Sauber cmon swiss miss wheres your patriotism? BMW sauber are doing pretty good for a first year combo!
By darwin dali
Well, I agree with your assessment about works teams vs. customers. But as you said that's a universal truth - so why did you single out Ferrari?

Sauber? Take away that one off 4th place of NH in Melbourne and they're down to 7 points, same as Toyota. New combo? Sure, but both had loads of experience coming in.

See our F1 related articles too!