FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
By Stephen
Cool, so you race remote controlled cars eh? That's pretty cool.
By johnbull
As well as the real thing, yes.

Son Josh is National champ for the 8th time.

Just yesterday evening we had a European champ down at the track. Andy Griffiths was here on holiday from UK. He was European Champ some years ago and has been British champ a few times.

We come to Uk each August Bank Holiday weekend to race in the famous International KO Grand Prix at West London Racing Centre.

This weekend it the real cars. We're at the 5th round of the ICC's national hillclimb and sprint championship.

Josh races a Kawasaki ZX12 engined single seater racing car, JBR3 which we built. The hill climb in Gozo 3 weeks ago was the car's 2nd outing and he finished an excellent 2nd overall and winner in his class - single seaters under 1600cc.

There's a good entry for Sunday, about 70 cars, of which there will be at least 10 single seaters.

I'll put a report in here next week, and hope to update my website too.

I used to race but am too old for it now, so I help the kids and help out with the organisation. The car in my avatar is a spaceframe Mini I had built myself, with which I had won numerous championships.
By johnbull
Sunday's race meeting was postponed because of heavy rain.

It rarely rains here so nobody bothers to equip for it. We simply postpone to the next Sunday on the understanding that if it rains one Sunday it will be OK for the next 10.

Instead I sat home watching the Moto GP - always excellent value, the WTCC from Pau and the lovely Sharaspova from Roland Garros.

See our F1 related articles too!