FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Juan Pablo Montoya says Schumacher would be 'crazy' to keep racing if he bags an eighth title.

Apparently agreeing, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone told the Mirror in England: "A champion should quit at the peak of his career."

Anybody knows of an F1 champion who actually did that?
By darwin dali
He's not a champion anyway...
By certom
Hakkinen made this choice... but no one knows when arrives the peak of his career!! Ralf told to Michael about this in 2001, he said that he wouldn't have won any more...but he has won 3 titles more!! so i think that Schumi will continue till Ferrari have the money to pay his salary!!!
By simac
I think there is something to be said for quitting while you're ahead. Damon Hill should probably have done that ! besides the Jordan win in 98 at Spa, that was worth something I suppose.

In the end he just kind of gave up !
By certom
and what about Jacques Villeneuve? he won his few races between 96 and 97 and then...but who knew it?
By bud
schumi should of quit after 95
By certom
:?: what are you talkning about?!? he should have done it after 4 years in F1 at the age of 26?!? i can't really understand you...
By darwin dali
glad he didn't and caused you so much grieve shrubby by becoming the bestest driver ever :mrgreen:
By bud
Certom it was sarcasm something the british lack it seems :P
By certom
uhmmmm.........sorry i didn't get the sarcasm!!!!!!!!! :oops:

See our F1 related articles too!