FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Well, at least the older members out there may remember the longest standing WR by jumper Bob Beamon. Why bring I up this landmark? Because I believe we're witnessing something similar right now. 86 wins by MS and no end in sight. Will he make it 100 next year? There are 13 GP's left this season and he might win half of them if he continues like this. That's a staggering number if you think about it. 86 wins out of 235 races started, more than a third of all his races he won! If he continues to drive next year, he'll get another record by overtaking Patrese's mark of most starts (256). That's about where he could also pass the 100th win mark, which would be almost 40% of his races won.
It'll take probably as long to beat this record as it took to beat Bob Beamon's huge jump into the future. If at all...
By Marco
Very true, but its been a real case of right driver, right car and a wounded team which has grown around him. Not knocking him though, was watching him on the podium yesterday and thought "i'm watching a legend", which who will be talked about for a long time after i'm dead.
By darwin dali
"i'm watching a legend", which who will be talked about for a long time after i'm dead.

Just to gauge the extent of your comment: How old are you? :mrgreen:
By Stephen
No reply, maybe he's dead! :P
By darwin dali
R u saying the countdown has already started?
By darwin dali
Oh well, I will miss him - he's such a sweetie :oops:
By Stephen
Oh well, I will miss him - he's such a sweetie :oops:

He was, but now clearly dead! :P
By darwin dali
Well, I'm a necrophiliac :twisted::shock::mrgreen:

See our F1 related articles too!