FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So, what was up with the red flag? Complete and utter confusion! I wonder what really happened...good thing that they appear to have some sort of secondary timers otherwise Villeneuve would have been dropped.

I thought Fisichella's outburst at Villeneuve was a little uncalled for as well - yes, he'd been held up but that's life. It's a calculated risk - if you leave your hot lap right til the end then you run the risk of traffic and not making the cut. If he was performing well, perhaps I'd be a little more forgiving, but when he's being badly outperformed and he's behaving like a prima donna...well, it doesn't look good!

Looks like it could be a good race tomorrow!

- SF
By darwin dali
You said it all re. GF: prima donna who's being outperformed (as almost always during his career) and now seems to have to fight for next year's seat at Renault - may explain his raw nerves...
By Stephen
Completely, Fisi is going to be lucky to be in F1 next year, let alone with Renault. And i'm pretty sure he won't go to BMW now! :D

Ironically, Fisi has taken over Villeneuves position in F1 as the guy fighting for his seat!
By darwin dali
Ironically, Fisi has taken over Villeneuves position in F1 as the guy fighting for his seat!

So, in your view JV is secure? Or is he definitely out? Your remark could be taken either way...
By darwin dali
Jacques Villeneuve will start the European Grand Prix from ninth position after Stewards backed Giancarlo Fisichella’s blocking complaint in the second phase of qualifying today.

The Canadian actually set the eighth best time in qualifying after Fisichella stomped down to the BMW Sauber garage to shout at both Villeneuve and the crew.

With his best lap removed following the complaint, Villeneuve’s time was good for tenth overall, but with Mark Webber starting down the field due to an engine change penalty, he starts ninth, two positions ahead of the under-pressure Fisichella.

Can you imagine if a Ferrari driver had done this and gotten away with it? :roll:
By Selcouth_Feline
Maybe karma is getting it's own back ;)
Both cars in the team he owns (?) retired and didn't finish the race before the F1 race....

See our F1 related articles too!