Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By Denthúl
I was sitting in Abbey last year, and it turned out to be the most eventful corner of the race. I'm not sure whether that was because in the wet, water naturally collects there, or if it just happened to rain on that part of the circuit. Either way we got bloody wet. But it was well worth missing most of the Wimbledon final for. Incredible day.

At the moment Sunday General Admission costs 109 pounds, and a seat in Abbey, Farm or Bridge will set you back 149 pounds. An extra thirty pounds for a guaranteed spectacular view and a giant TV opposite seems very worth it to me, especially as it's the last scheduled Silverstone GP. Bear in mind the price will rise in those 3 places to 179 pounds, so you have to get in fast.

I'd be tempted, but because I want all three days if possible, and Saturday/Sunday at the very least, I don't think I could stretch to that. :/
By EwanM
I was sitting in Abbey last year, and it turned out to be the most eventful corner of the race. I'm not sure whether that was because in the wet, water naturally collects there, or if it just happened to rain on that part of the circuit. Either way we got bloody wet. But it was well worth missing most of the Wimbledon final for. Incredible day.

At the moment Sunday General Admission costs 109 pounds, and a seat in Abbey, Farm or Bridge will set you back 149 pounds. An extra thirty pounds for a guaranteed spectacular view and a giant TV opposite seems very worth it to me, especially as it's the last scheduled Silverstone GP. Bear in mind the price will rise in those 3 places to 179 pounds, so you have to get in fast.

I'd be tempted, but because I want all three days if possible, and Saturday/Sunday at the very least, I don't think I could stretch to that. :/

Go to stowe.... do it...
By Denthúl

Go to stowe.... do it...

At £220, without any consideration for where I'd stay, that's a bit much. And I couldn't ask any of the people who might come with me to be paying that much, either.
By EwanM

Go to stowe.... do it...

At £220, without any consideration for where I'd stay, that's a bit much. And I couldn't ask any of the people who might come with me to be paying that much, either.

I no its all pricey as hell.
I got to come from Scotland - man I didn't think of that - oh well ticket ordered :)
By Denthúl
I'm not even sure I'd be able to find somewhere to stay that's relatively close to the track, knowing my luck. And there's always the risk of not being able to go, though I guess that really depends on whether or not I can convince someone to come along. I'm not going by myself >.<
By EwanM
I'm not even sure I'd be able to find somewhere to stay that's relatively close to the track, knowing my luck. And there's always the risk of not being able to go, though I guess that really depends on whether or not I can convince someone to come along. I'm not going by myself >.<

Camp?
You will always have your friends from Forumula1.com :rofl: justkidding
I no wt u mean
By Denthúl

Camp?
I no wt u mean

:hehe:

I don't really do camping these days. I'm the kind of person who needs to sleep on a comfy bed in order to get a good night's sleep :/
By EwanM

Camp?
I no wt u mean

I don't really do camping these days. I'm the kind of person who needs to sleep on a comfy bed in order to get a good night's sleep :/

What about not sleeping?
I did tht most of the time. HAHAHAH my friend got up at 4am and went a 2 mile jog :S on the Friday before we went to the track
By Kate

We booked our hotel for next year in June, and the closest one we could find was luton......!
By Denthúl

Camp?
I no wt u mean

What about not sleeping?
I did tht most of the time. HAHAHAH my friend got up at 4am and went a 2 mile jog :S on the Friday before we went to the track

You know, I could do that. But I'd be well and truly annoyed at the slightest thing during the race: not good. :P

We booked our hotel for next year in June, and the closest one we could find was luton......!

Wow. I guess I've no chance, then. :(
By Denthúl
unless u camp 8-)

Hmm. It's an option, though one that I'll only take if absolutely necessary. Where can you camp around there?
By EwanM
unless u camp 8-)

Hmm. It's an option, though one that I'll only take if absolutely necessary. Where can you camp around there?

Plenty of places.
Most are first come first serve
Although I no that Hamilton fields one will take a pre booking
google it and see.
By Denthúl
unless u camp 8-)

Plenty of places.
Most are first come first serve
Although I no that Hamilton fields one will take a pre booking
google it and see.

Well, I'll keep it in mind. I won't even know whether or not I'm going until Christmas, which could be a little late, given what Lewis has just achieved.

See our F1 related articles too!