FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Just in case you care (I know that it's fashionable not to).
BTW: on Speed TV it was said last weekend that MS earns about as much as Tiger Woods and could become the first athlete to make $ billion (that's with a 'b') in his career as an F1 driver.

Michael Schumacher now has in his possession a contract to extend his Formula One career for Ferrari by two more years.

That is the information of Germany's biggest newspaper, Bild, which wrote on Tuesday that the deal - yet to be signed by the Imola winner - is for a monstrous $86.6 million.

Bild added that 37-year-old Schumacher's new contract contains a 'World Champion clause', meaning that he can quit at any time if he lifts an eighth title, including in 2006.

The newspaper suggested that a decision at the Nurburgring, scene of the next Grand Prix early next month, is possible.

''Michael is still the best Formula One pilot there ever was,'' Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo told the German sid news agency.

''I hope he remains loyal to us.''
By Stephen
I can't see him going anywhere now, will be at Ferrari for another few years I guess.
By simac
I agree, he won't leave Ferrari. Not many other teams could afford him if he wanted to leave anyway.
By darwin dali
Toyota with their huge budget could. Germany based, his bro already there - could be fun to watch the brothers Grimm racing against each other :D
Not going to happen though...
By darwin dali
I can't see him going anywhere now, will be at Ferrari for another few years I guess.

If the World Champion clause is really in there, MS could make a surprise exit any day (after he wins his 8th title that is). So, let's say he wins the title this year, he could still retire this fall or not. So 'few years' could be really short...
I guess his wife has something to say about this. She's probably dreading the day her hubby will be at home ALL THE F.CKING TIME! :twisted:
Can you imagine MS with withdrawal symptoms? He'll be going vrommm, vrooommm, vrrroooooommmm! in his sleep, stepping on the imaginary break pedal (and thus kicking his wife who tries to fall asleep next to him), pressing some buttons on his steering wheel (i.e., bruising his wife's boobs) - can you spell divorce??? :mrgreen:
By Marco
Where the f*** did that come from Dali? :shock:
By darwin dali
Oh, I just wanted to stir things up - it's been so f.cking peaceful on here - boooooring! :evil::mrgreen:
By darwin dali
Don't we all love the silly season with the rumor mills working overtime? :D

"It is almost certain that Raikkonen has already signed a conditional Ferrari contract.

According to rumours, it contains a key clause: the right for a continuing Michael Schumacher to veto.

Should this clause be exercised, Raikkonen would be paid out to the tune of $5m."
By Forza
Oh, I just wanted to stir things up - it's been so f.cking peaceful on here - boooooring! :evil::mrgreen:

Hehe! :lol: Article on Kimi, wheres the link?
By darwin dali
F1racing-live.com, but it's moved to the archive by now (i.e., only accessible if you are a paying member :evil: )
By darwin dali
Told ya so:

Michael Schumacher will consider his young family in the decision about whether or not to sign another Ferrari contract.

That is the revelation of the 37-year-old German's personal manager, Willi Weber, who added that any agreement to race beyond 2006 will be for two years.

But he told dpa: "Naturally there are always exit clauses in today's contracts; no team can force a driver to drive if he doesn't want to."

Also playing down considerations of salary, Weber said Schumacher would be consulting his wife and two children about whether more 300kph soaring around the Grand Prix circuits of the world is a good idea.

"There are not only sporting considerations," he insisted, "but also private ones. Michael's family plays a significant role."

Vrooom, vroooooommmm, vrrrrrrom! :mrgreen:
By darwin dali
Can you spell Ferrari? :wink:

"All the time we were a bit too slow and although we were ahead of the rest, we were never quick enough for the podium," said Raikkonen who actually set the second fastest lap of the race. "The car was just too slow - I was driving as fast as I could, and when I got past Button I tried to catch the rest, but it was not enough.
The performance of the car was not as I would have liked."

McLaren's form is unlikely to find favour with Raikkonen, who is expected to choose soon between staying at the British team or moving to Ferrari for 2007. He complained after Friday's free practice sessions about a lack of balance from his car - which was rectified to some extent in time for the race.
By Marco
Kimi has to go there right?

But what gripes me more than anything is that McLaren are taking on Alonso next season. He's no better than Button in my estimation, whereas Kimi/MS are legends.
By darwin dali
Kimi a legend? Get real! To put him on the same level as MS is frivolous! And world champion FA no better than JB? Geeze, JB hasn't even won a single race, not one! Marco, Marco, I don't know... 8)
By Stephen
Marco, you've been having some of Forzas wierd pills! :D

I'd put money on Kimi going to another team, but wouldn't bet on him going to Ferrari. :)

See our F1 related articles too!