FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

From your dishwasher to F1 memorabilia, advertise here! For regulars only.
Well, hopefully there's at least one person here who seems to collect computer components like I do (I don't know how I manage it, but I always seem to have almost enough components to put a new machine together) :P

Basically, I'm looking for a motherboard that supports the AMD AM2 platform (Athlon64, Athlon64 X2) to go in a new build. Doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just something that works. I'm putting together a Linux machine to really play around with and get to know the more advanced stuff in there as I think it would be useful to have the knowledge of how to really use it in the way I do with Windows at work (that is, as a network administrator).

If anybody has one lying about, I have cash waiting. :)
Well, the reason I wanted the board is that I already have an Athlon64 X2 5600+ CPU, 2GB memory, a hard drive, DVD drive and all the other necessaries. I just don't have a case or motherboard. I'll be pushing this thing to its limits and I really want to use a 64-bit OS to get the most out of it all.

However, one of those would be tempting for other uses, like a file server or something. I'll consider it :)
I collect random PC bits and parts. Have loads in big boxes. But I dont have this specific one that you are looking for.

See our F1 related articles too!