FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By McLaren786
Its true, i don't see the point, i think they should atleast waited unitl F1 becomes eco friendly but right now it's simply pathetic. Honda doesn't care about the environment.
By R00DIT
Its true, i don't see the point, i think they should atleast waited unitl F1 becomes eco friendly but right now it's simply pathetic. Honda doesn't care about the environment.

oh but they do, cant you see a picture of earth plastered all over their car?

i think theyve scored a massive own goal with this one, pr it is not! :roll:
By Stephen

oh but they do, cant you see a picture of earth plastered all over their car?

i think theyve scored a massive own goal with this one, pr it is not! :roll:

Yup, this only brings forward the debate for F1 to turn green. Truth be known though, it's not so much the cars that are the problem, it's the teams/journalists/fans travelling to and from the circuits. Perhaps if the FIA let teams pursue green technology without restriction, the sooner we can all expect to live in a cleaner/greener world.

Wishful thinking I know, in truth, motorsport will probably be banned in the UK and other developed countries, much the same way as cigarette advertising! :roll:
By sonic
Honda are bringing their teams to each race on a bicycle and the cars are coming in kit form with each team member bringing a piece across the crossbar. For the flyaway races they are using zeppelins.

Seriously,
I think it will just give the "Green Campaigners" something to use against not only Honda but F1 as a whole.
By 7UpJordan
It's like re-signing Ade Akinbiyi for well over £2million.
By Irv the Swerve
:lol:

What a s*** player!! :D
By 7UpJordan

What a s*** player!! :D

Every time you say him charging through on goal, he always shot over the crossbar, and some of the goals he scored were right flukes, usually from a dodgy first touch, falling over or coming off his dreads. :P
By darwin dali
Never heard of this guy, but watching the clip I didn't miss much.

But back on topic - nothing to do with 'green' or anything.

Hey, Al Gore's film won two Oscars. That's a glimmer of hope...
By darwin dali
Leading environmental group Friends of the Earth has slammed Honda's attempt to champion environmental issues by launching the 'Earth Car'.

Spokeswoman Emily Armistead referred to the "irony" of a major car manufacturer urging ordinary people to contribute to solutions by giving up ironing or cutting "unnecessary flights".

Indeed, one F1 journalist this week pointed out that Jenson Button flew from Bahrain to London for the Earth Car's launch, and then back to Bahrain to test, but his only major contribution to the event was to explain to reporters that he no longer leaves his TV in 'stand by'.

It is understood that Greenpeace has also declined to back Honda's environmental approach.

Armistead told the Guardian : "There is some irony in the fact that Honda are attempting to promote the environment and calling on others to address environmental issues when they are contributing to climate change by participating in what is probably the most polluting sport on the planet."
By 7UpJordan
Leading environmental group Friends of the Earth has slammed Honda's attempt to champion environmental issues by launching the 'Earth Car'.

Spokeswoman Emily Armistead referred to the "irony" of a major car manufacturer urging ordinary people to contribute to solutions by giving up ironing or cutting "unnecessary flights".

Indeed, one F1 journalist this week pointed out that Jenson Button flew from Bahrain to London for the Earth Car's launch, and then back to Bahrain to test, but his only major contribution to the event was to explain to reporters that he no longer leaves his TV in 'stand by'.

It is understood that Greenpeace has also declined to back Honda's environmental approach.

Armistead told the Guardian : "There is some irony in the fact that Honda are attempting to promote the environment and calling on others to address environmental issues when they are contributing to climate change by participating in what is probably the most polluting sport on the planet."

Well first of all, the Plane was there for Jenson to catch, it's not as if he was the only one on the flight. Secondly, aren't Honda making cars that are emmitting less and less greenhouse gasses than before and there's one that supposedly only emmits Hydrogen or something? And how do people not know that their F1 car will follow suit?
By darwin dali
First, aren't you guys in Europe all into 'offsetting' your carbon footprint? JB's turning off the TV won't 'pay' for those two flights in a loooooong time!

Secondly, from my recollection it's been Toyota that came out first with the Prius and has been wildly successful with it. Honda followed suit, sure, but pioneer?

I can't wait to see a car that emmits hydrogen, lol! That would be cool, a bit explosive, but cool...
By madbrad
Putting the 'green' Earth on a stinking F1 car is like...

locking the keys in your car then calling the auto club to get you out, and getting soaked waiting because it was raining and the top was down.

sprinkling oat bran on your chilli cheesedog.
By Selcouth_Feline
First, aren't you guys in Europe all into 'offsetting' your carbon footprint? JB's turning off the TV won't 'pay' for those two flights in a loooooong time!

Yup....and we're led by the media who feed us incorrect facts all the time. Personally, I loved the piece that Boris Johnson, an MP over here, wrote for a daily newspaper over here a few months back...I wish he'd become our prime minister ;)

There are 1.3 billion cows on this planet, and every year each cow produces about 90kg of methane, and as greenhouse gases go, methane is about 24 times worse than CO2 in sealing the heat in the air. According to a recent report by the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation, agriculture produces 18 per cent of the world's greenhouse gases, as measured in CO2 equivalent — and that, my friends, is more than is produced by the entire human transport industry.

Think of it: for every cow you killed, you would be ridding the world of 90kg of methane a year — easily enough, surely, to justify an Easyjet flight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... w_11012007

See our F1 related articles too!