FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
From testing in Bahrain it looks at though we're going to see a repeat of the Hakkinen/Schumacher era, with both Ferrari and McLaren on top. Renault look as though they are struggling, particularly with their engine being underpowered.
By certom
i've read much about the BMW potential, but i can't see all these good things on them, they're just at the second year in F1, they could do something better than the last year, but the fight will be, in my opinion, all inside Ferrari, i don't think
McLaren has reached the sufficient potential to win the championship...
By McLaren786
Trust me certom, now that we have hamilton and especially alonso mclaren's future is extrememly bright.
By Marco
i've read much about the BMW potential, but i can't see all these good things on them, they're just at the second year in F1, they could do something better than the last year, but the fight will be, in my opinion, all inside Ferrari, i don't think
McLaren has reached the sufficient potential to win the championship...

Didn't they come third in the test?
By certom
yes, but you remember what they said about the last year Honda, after the winter tests...yes, they won a race, by chance, or by the good JB, but all the press was expecting much more...

and mclaren, i really like to see what hamilton will do, i'm really interested in this young driver(not just for his skin colour!!)...and about alonso...no comment :mrgreen: did u see what jean todt said about him?
By Stephen
Or the Minardi from 2000 for that matter! :roll:
By Irv the Swerve
FM's testing has been amazing so far. Topped the time sheets three times in a row this. Favourite for AUS GP.
By deMuRe
How man times have I been caught up in the pre-season hype over the last 10 years? Too many...

I would say McLaren putting a black driver in the mix is more to get on the FIA's good side again after fueding over the recent years, Bernie has always wanted a black driver in F1...

I can't see LH doing much to be honest...
By Stephen
Yup, said the same thing about the Indian driver, and can't even remember his name now! :shock:
By 7UpJordan
Yup, said the same thing about the Indian driver, and can't even remember his name now! :shock:

Karthikeyan? He's currently in A1GP for India, but is a test driver as well for Williams along with Satoru Nakajima's son.
By bud

Difference is Lewis can drive as proven by his GP2 title!

Mclaren didnt sign him to get in the good books with Bernie what a load of poo! he has been a development talent by the team for ten years! so doubt signing him now was due to any other reason other than it being his time and his turn to show his stuff!

leave the conspiracy theories for ferrari, theres a more likely hood of it being a fact ;)
By Freddie
Lewis just ourperformed everybody else last year - I watched quite a few of the races. It was as if he was in a completely different class.

A huge talent - one to look out for, maybe not this year but very soon

See our F1 related articles too!