FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Okay, in general I'm not a big fan of JV's utterances, but I agree with his statement(s) here:

Kimi Raikkonen is 'overrated' and not as good as World Champion Fernando Alonso.

That is the predictably caustic assessment of former champion Jacques Villeneuve, who accuses Raikkonen of not being dedicated enough to his job at the wheel.

"A complete driver will spend time with the engineers, setting up the car and pushing the team," Villeneuve told F1 Racing magazine.

"He doesn't give a s***, so he isn't up there with Alonso."

The French Canadian sides with a groundswell of recent opinion that thinks Felipe Massa - Villeneuve's Sauber team-mate in 2005 - could emerge from 2007 as Ferrari's new 'team leader'.

Referring to Raikkonen, Villeneuve said: "He cannot drive the team.

"With the right equipment, (Massa) can be a title contender.

He and Kimi will definitely challenge each other, but Felipe should finish ahead because of his work ethic." In the same article, Villeneuve predicted that Giancarlo Fisichella will in 2007 be replaced by Renault's test driver Nelson Piquet Jr.

He also berated BMW Sauber rookie Robert Kubica for making too many mistakes and driving his car too hard after replacing Villeneuve in August last year.
By welshie
I agree entirely
By Stephen
Does anyone give a hoot about what Villeneuve Junior has to say! Kimi Raikkonen came close to winning the WC several times, despite a poor car. I agree Kimi could knuckle down, but I don't know of a driver who works harder behind the wheel, car wrecker or not.

Villeneuve should stick to his appalling singing; it's the only thing he's consistent at.

Just my two cents.
By Irv the Swerve
The difference is that JV has a title in his cabinet that Kimi doesn't (and never will) have. Not even a Ferrari will give Kimi that elusive title. Not this year not ever, i'm afraid to say.
By darwin dali
Pretty pessimistic, eh?
I think he's still got time to 'mature' and get better at treating his car more gently and maybe get more into the nitty-gritty of car setup and engineering. MS will see to that :) Or not - since there was a news item today saying that MS declared neither KR nor FM asked for his advice. Hm...
By Irv the Swerve
Just saying it as it is! :)

If he wants to succeed he has to ask advice, buckle down and gets his f***ing bottom into gear.

FM has the right frame of mind to take over MS and has a good shot of coming out on top.
By darwin dali
Yup, you got that right. Same thing goes for JB!
By darwin dali
JB? Oh, JB, JB, JB!!! La lala lalahhh! JB is such a great driver, lala lala lalahh!
By darwin dali
I'm counting on your self-professed sweet spot for me. :D
By Irv the Swerve
I knew that you were going to throw that back in my face one day!! :D:P
By darwin dali
XOXOXOXO!
By Marco
Back on-topic...

Do you seriously believe Kimi won't win this year? :roll:
By darwin dali
Yup! It'll be between FM and FA with the occasional race win by KR and NH. But I could be all wrong... :D

See our F1 related articles too!