FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
India, Russia, Greece and Singapore are among those at the top of Ecclestone's wish list as he tries to shift the sport's western Euro-centric tilt.

The 2007 calendar features 17 stops, after teams baulked at the unprecedented schedule of 19 races in 2005.

But Ecclestone, who also admitted that one or two night races are on the agenda, continued: "We are aiming for 20 races."

Sounds good to me: 20 races, 1 or 2 night races - cool! Hey, they even run on snow in Switzerland:D
Why Greece beats me...
Still think Kyalami (to put Africa on the map again), Mexico/Argentina (maybe alternating) and second USGP would be higher priorities.
By Stephen
Now Kyalami is the one I would be most excited by, but a Singapore night race would be nothing but legendry. :twisted:
By Marco
I'd welcome more races and less off-season, i'm bored out of my mind at the moment! :D

The snow reference was a joke wasn't it?
By darwin dali
Well, they did run on snow this week: NH in a BMW Sauber in St. Moritz.
By Evaneoun
More races would be excellent. Lol snow races certainly would be interesting...wonder if that would actually work? Would like to see more street races too.
By Irv the Swerve
Well, they did run on snow this week: NH in a BMW Sauber in St. Moritz.

They were using spikes on the tyres weren't they DD?
By 7UpJordan
Get the Hermanos Rodrigues in Mexico back on the calendar, nothing beats the awesome, dangerous and spectacular Peralta - the corner Nigel Mansell did his famous move on Berger around the outside of that turn.
By darwin dali
Tilke told the website of British magazine Autosport that despite rumours to the contrary, nations including Mexico, India, Russia, South Africa and Greece are not close to penning deals with Bernie Ecclestone.

Referring to plans for a Mexican Grand Prix in Cancun, Tilke said: "That is on ice. I guess there were some political problems."

He also dismissed touted hosts India and Russia as merely subjects for 'discussion' at present, called South Africa's plans 'dormant', and said rumours about a Greek Grand Prix had 'fizzled out'.
By bud
screw tilke give us more street circuits!!
By 7UpJordan
Referring to plans for a Mexican Grand Prix in Cancun, Tilke said: "That is on ice. I guess there were some political problems."

No way, you can't have a Mexican GP without having it at the Hermanos Rodrigues, I want my Peralta back! I wanna see Lewis Hamilton passing Alonso round the outside of that corner Mansell style.
By Freddie

Exactly ! Why must all tracks be designed by one person ?

More variety please !
By Stephen

Exactly ! Why must all tracks be designed by one person ?

More variety please !

Totally, look at the driver/fan favourites like Monza, Spa, Monaco, (old) Hockenheim - amazing tracks, with a great atmosphere. Tilke is obviously very talented, and i'd love him to work on road construction where I live, but GP circuits.

I hope that made some sense, I'm shattered this morning! :shock:
By welshie
Just re-surface the old nurburgring! Now that is a race i'd want to watch!!
By darwin dali
Just re-surface the old nurburgring! Now that is a race i'd want to watch!!

Wouldn't that be something?!
By darwin dali

I hope that made some sense, I'm shattered this morning! :shock:

You mean hung over?

See our F1 related articles too!