FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
A Formula One Ferrari will drive down Melbourne's Lygon Street two weeks before the 2007 season opener.

It was announced on Tuesday that the 'Grand Prix Ferrari Festival' will take place on 3rd March; a joint celebration of Ferrari's 60th birthday and the 12th annual race at Albert Park.

Melbourne's Lygon Street houses many Italian restaurants and was the scene of wild celebration when Italy won the 2006 World Cup.

From the launch of the event, however, it emerged that the Ferrari will actually be limited to just 60kph, as government minister Tim Holding vowed to maintain a 'very, very tough stance' on hooligan drivers.

The local speed limit is 50kph.

"We remind all drivers that, under normal conditions, there is no such thing as safe speeding," said the Australian Grand Prix Corporation's Tim Bamford.

Uh, who would be the hooligan drivers? Ferrari? It's a demo for crying out loud, so let them at least use the second gear :roll:
By 7UpJordan
Even if it was a Life car taking part in the demo it's weedy and weak W12 engine would still blow up in minutes at 50kph.
By Irv the Swerve
Even if it was a Life car taking part in the demo it's weedy and weak W12 engine would still blow up in minutes at 50kph.

:lol:

You really take the piss out of the Life W12. :D
By 7UpJordan

:lol:

You really take the piss out of the Life W12. :D

It's the easiest car to do so, shame there aren't enough opportunities to take the mick out of Andrea Moda's unproffesionalism. :D
By Marco
LOL! I don't know what's made me laugh more, the Aussie authorities (idiots) or 7up's humourous tirade against the Life W12! :D
By darwin dali
I'm sure our resident professional citizen of Aussieland bud will have a perfectly reasonable explanation... :twisted::mrgreen:8)
By 7UpJordan
Leyton House must have been laughing when they saw Life failing to fit the Judd V8's they bought off them into the car because the cover wouldn't fit! :P:D
By Irv the Swerve
You could say it's LIFEless. :D:P ...........i'm sorry :oops:
By bud
I'm sure our resident professional citizen of Aussieland bud will have a perfectly reasonable explanation... :twisted::mrgreen:8)

They are tough on street racing and burnouts etc in all states with impoundation of cars coming in with the new "Hoon laws"
And Lygon street having eaten there myself has alot of the kids in their cars cruising down etc i guess they want to set a standard, its not a highway its a ordinary 2 lane street.
By McLaren786
This is not a demonstration of the formula 1 cars its to show off Lygon street. But still 60kph is taking the piss thats not even pitlane speed limiter territory.
By R00DIT
This is not a demonstration of the formula 1 cars its to show off Lygon street. But still 60kph is taking the piss thats not even pitlane speed limiter territory.

yeah, too slow, it just shows politician's contempt for anything automotive, first speeding tickets for drivers taking part in the WRC in Wales and now this.
By sonic
"We remind all drivers that, under normal conditions, there is no such thing as safe speeding," said the Australian Grand Prix Corporation's Tim Bamford.

But surely these are not normal conditions.

See our F1 related articles too!