FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Zoobb
Hi,

Can anyone on here tell me what the view is like for general admission tickets for this track?

I had general admission tickets for the Australian Grand Prix back in 2000 and the view was pretty good (I even got a couple of small pieces of carbon fibre from one of the cars that crashed in front of me :D ) - is this the same case at Silverstone?

I think the tickets are expensive enough and don't really want to be paying more that £100 a pop!!!

Ta!!!
By simac
It varies to be honest, last year I managed to get to the front of the crowd at the end of the hanger straight and had a great view ! i'll probably head to the same place this year but i'm still undecided.

The secret to it is to arrive early, pick out your spot and stay there !

GA was pretty good, it was the first time i've wondered around the whole circuit but beware the WC's - the ques are plain silly and if I had to complain about anything it would be that.
By Zoobb
Thanks!

I take in the general admission areas are not banked like they are in Oz then?
By simac
They are in some places, again it varies. You have to walk up the grass bank in some areas and then you have a good view, rather than the bank leading down towards the track ? In other areas like at Bridge there are seats on the bank right on the corner but I don't think you can sit on those with a GA ticket.

Does that make sense LMAO
By F1Poser
Hey Zoob please let me know what you find, really interested in doing this myself at some point. Also, take loads of groovy pics.
By picman
The corners at luffield are raised slightly, the best thing to do if you can is attend one of the test sessions on the 25th-27th April, it's free to get in and you can view the action from Luffield.
By simac
Thanks for that picman, I thought there was a test coming up soon but didn't know when it was ! I'll try to make one of those days :D

See our F1 related articles too!