FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
Murray Walker: Bernie it's been some 15 years since you bought McLaren and you've been through some of the good times and the bad, tell us what you remember the most.
Bernie Ecclestone: I don't remember buying McLaren!
Murray: *without microphone* I've done it again!

And for the record it was Brabham that Bernie bought. :mrgreen:
By Marco
I'm sure Kimi wouldn't have said that had he not been on the way out of McLaren. :D
By Evaneoun
Mine would probably be another Kimi quote when he was asked what he thought of Montoya leaving. Can't remember his exact words but it was something like:

Q: what do you think of Montoya leaving?
A: I couldn't really care less.

Something like that anyway.

Another contender would be Schumacher in his post-qualifying interview in Monaco after his 'parking' incident. The whole interview he looked and sounded so sheepish and I thought it was funny how he seemed uncertain what the name of the hairpin was...liek he'd never been round it once or twice before...!
By Irv the Swerve
"Mansell is slowing it down, taking it easy. Oh no he isn't! It's a lap record."

You guess it...Murray Walker!! :D
By x_laura_x
Mine would probably be another Kimi quote when he was asked what he thought of Montoya leaving. Can't remember his exact words but it was something like:

Q: what do you think of Montoya leaving?
A: I couldn't really care less.

Something like that anyway.

That's all Kimi ever says!

'I don't care.' - 'It has nothing to do with me.' - 'I couldn't care less.' - 'It doesn't bother me.' etc...

He has the emotion of a robot...
By welshie
"Mansell is slowing it down, taking it easy. Oh no he isn't! It's a lap record."

You guess it...Murray Walker!! :D

thats my fav so far! :lol:
By welshie
Check out these cracking quotes, all by one man as well . . . Murray Walker! :shock:

http://www.wattpad.com/3681
By Stephen
Brilliant find Welshie! My favourite from that page has to be:

[During a F1 race, describing how the leader can see the driver following him] "... Mansell can see him in his earphone..."

:D
By R00DIT
would you rather see murray present f1 than james allen?
By Stephen

Now there's a question, but i'd put up with Murray I guess. At least now that Michael's retired, he wouldn't have the opportunity to swoon over the 7 times world champ.
By R00DIT

Now there's a question, but i'd put up with Murray I guess. At least now that Micheal's retired, he wouldn't have the opportunity to swoon over the 7 times world champ.

i think thats a fair comment but hes probably even more dithering now
By 7UpJordan
Brilliant find Welshie! My favourite from that page has to be:

[During a F1 race, describing how the leader can see the driver following him] "... Mansell can see him in his earphone..."

:D

I think you'll find the actual quote may have been "And he (Prost) knows exactly where Nigel Mansell is because he can see him in his earphone... see him in his mirrors! *bursts out laughing*" from the 1988 Spanish Grand Prix.

See our F1 related articles too!