FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By mstar
i think HONDA may surprise, however i be surprised as most if KR doesn't win the champship. I think FA and mclaren will win(s) but its to early to say. I am not conviced about BMW winning (yet) Renault are a dark horse can GF and HK really repeat what they did in 2005,2006?? i doubt it.
my prediction purely on no data :D

1. ferrari
2. renault (HK is more experienced in f1 then LH and more finishes)
3. mclaren (simply becuase LH in learning year)
4. honda (will win but again the dark horses can be 2nd to ferrari if car is good)
By overtaku
can't see past ferrari with probably Kimi for the championship.

honda have one of the best engines for next year (managed to get an updated engine package through the last two races so can take this with them for '07) and if they can give JB a similar package to what he had at brazil then he'll win a few more races for sure.

mclaren will hopefully do ok but with two new drivers could be a frustrating season even if one of them is alonso.

i think renault will drop down a bit. they're car wasn't amazing last year - fernando was carrying the team for the most part. can't see fisichella doing much better than he ever does.

red bull and str are pretty much identical cars so not much to choose between them apart from the engine. RB also have a better driver line up although webber could do with some consistency.

SA are running slightly updated versions of the RA106...should get them off the back row.

BMW will do OK but i dont expect anything major until next season.

The toyota launch car looks pretty similar to the ra106 also. Can't see them going anywhere with the same two drivers. Trulli can nail it in quali but is pretty anonymous on race day.

Spyker...back row although may get slose to SA come mid season.

So the prediction is

1. Kimi
2. Jenson
3. Can't decide between Massa or Alonso here

If Rubens can get his act together then it might be close between honda and ferrari for the constructors but i guess ferrari will take it.
By domination
i feel sorry for the drivers who in 2007 are not driving a ferrari. Hopefully Kimi left his luck at McLaren :lol:
By R00DIT
i feel sorry for the drivers who in 2007 are not driving a ferrari. Hopefully Kimi left his luck at McLaren :lol:

i hope so too. kr was beginning to look like dc! i think ferrari are the only team who can win this season.

btw, welcome domination :)
By domination
cheers
By Freddie
Why not come over and have a go at our prediction competition once the season starts : http://www.racingpredictions.com

Entry is free - let's see how good you are ;-)

Maybe we can get this thread alive towards the end of the season to see how we all did
By Marco
Why is Alonso reckoned to come second this year, behind Kimi Raikkonen? Alonso is rubbish, and will be driving a McLaren already shown to have a weak engine? :x
By Marco
Plus this time he'll also have an awesome team-mate to take points off him, none of that Fisichella Hockey Pockey! :D
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Whichever team has the best chassis will undoubtably win the season. Engines are all restricted to 19,000 rpm, so that's not a factor any more. Aero packages are all pretty much at their peak and the top three or four teams have at least one driver capable of getting onto the top step of the podium.

The biggest change this year is the tyres and it's been shown in the past that whichever team has the best tyres wins. Now all have the same tyres, it's down to the team whose chassis distributes the weight of the car throughout the race which will triumph. It's being said by drivers that the new B/stones wear quicker at the back and take a long time to heat up at the front, implying that cars with a centre of gravit further forward will a) heat up their front tyres quicker and b) not suffer from tyre problems at the end of the race.

This does not bode well for Renault, who have a more rearward CoG (hence their quick starts) and it's said that the Ferrari have copied Renault for the 2007 car. We all know about Honda's problems with heating up the fronts!

With this in mind, it may well be that McLaren have the car which has the best chassis for the Bridgestones and that Alonso has made the right decision after all. We won't see this until March, as testing only tells how fast the cars are, not how they treat their tyres.
By darwin dali
Interesting thoughts ASF. Though I doubt that Ferrari, with their connection to Bridgestone, would make such a mistake re. CoG.
By bud
Agree with most of that ASF

and DD Ferrari no longer have any special relaitonship with Bridgestone......... if they do thats just makes a even greater mockery of those Itie bar stewards huh along with F1 as a whole! :P

with the amount of grip lost this year it will take a similar chassis requirement to the one tyre per race rule year 2005 and the teams who were the best on their tyres that year were Renault and McLaren.
Zero Keel is back with the hard rubber after 06 proved it to be weak on soft rubber.

Love reading the Ferrari fanatic propaganda on various forums every year its the same BS :P
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Interesting thoughts ASF. Though I doubt that Ferrari, with their connection to Bridgestone, would make such a mistake re. CoG.
Massa's adament that the 2007 Bridgestones are nothing like the 2006 tyres... but I agree that experience with Bstone rubber must play into the hands of those who have used them in the past.

Honda have yet to produce a car that can work the rubber the way the top three can, which is why they are going to come fourth again :(
By darwin dali
BMW is going to beat Honda :D
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Can anybody remember whether the 2005 McLaren had a sliding ballast system?

I seem to remember seeing something on TV about this system they had, where a weight slid along a rail to the rear of the car when accelerating and to the front when braking... which meant that the weight was over the wheels doing the most work.

Surely that's not allowed?
By Evaneoun
I've got a feeling Mclaren might just take a big leap forward compared to last year and Alonso will probably win again. Not really rating Kimi much (sorry to anyone that upsets here!) but I wouldn't be surprised if Massa beats him.

I think the biggest improvement I'm expecting to see though is from Super Aguri. Expecting a few points from them and certainly expecting them to finish higher than Spyker or Torro Rosso.

So my top three would be:
1) Alonso (although I'd rather he didn't)
2) Button
3) Massa

I may have missed it but looks like no-one is rating Renault's chances too highly? And why did they keep Fisi????

See our F1 related articles too!