FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By mstar
bud, obviously a narrow point of view i see... of course the car has some factor on how a driver goes. yes your correct put JB in a renault and FA would come on top. Unfortunatly designers only reference point is its DRIVERS and there feedback is what THAT driver wants!! Alain Prost was a master at driving under sterring cars hence he was on top of the car in ferrari days when Nigel was there, however nigel was the opposite he could live with oversteer but due to his aggresive turn in he hated understeer. Therefore the designers look how to design the car for its DRIVERS driving the car. Look at honda the TC/braking was not as good as ferrari and RB was miles away from JB, thats becuase JB as he uses TC/braking less it was not as advanced as they concentrated on other things to make the car quicker! as JB was with honda for a long time! same goes with renault the front is is fantastic when turning in which suited FA to the tee
By bud
narrow point of view? haha what ever mate

your whole arguement is in lala land!

"stick one driver in a car thats been developed to suit another" its just illogical and has no base for merit in an arguement. so by all means you can talk this up and say JB is so much better than whoever you want the truth is teams would pick Fernando to work with and deveolp a package over Jenson.
By mstar
i don't recall i said JB is better or less able then FA, yes teams would pick FA u dodo becuase he has won 2 championships and JB has none. Also FA is more proven at the high level of winning races so again teams would pick FA. i am not sure were your going with this just sit down, and enjoy the off season :P
By Stephen
i don't recall i said JB is better or less able then FA, yes teams would pick FA u dodo becuase he has won 2 championships and JB has none. Also FA is more proven at the high level of winning races so again teams would pick FA. i am not sure were your going with this just sit down, and enjoy the off season :P

Yup, that's why JB needs to apply himself. But quite how FA came from Minardi to Renault i'm not sure...oh yes, could be Flav's influence. I'll get my coat. :roll:
By mstar
to be fair FA did a great job at minardi against his teammate, and he had already been seen as a star before his minardi days due to his karting/nissan days, the mind boggles wot would of happened if JB stayed at renault and FA was loaned to another team :roll:
By bud
ForzaI agree mstar and think FA would struggle against JB in the same car. But against KR im not so sure.

Mstar becuase the honda is very JB driving style, and FA has a unique driving style that renault built their car around. But essectially FA in the honda would probably have same results as JB, i think its car related these days and driver can't make that much difference if the car is slower then the race winning car (renault, ferrari, mclaren (?) )

Ok Mr ornathologist here is where i was getting the JB better than FA from. or cant you remember writing in defence of Forza's claim that Fernando would struggle against JB in the same car?

also Stephen, Alonso went on loan to Minardi from Renault, he was contracted by Flav and sent to a lower grid team to gain experience in F1 before returning to Renault as tester then racer.
By welshie
I think JB is an absolute genius behind the wheel. I also seem to remember that in one of the races lastyear he finished inside the top 8 even tho his traction controll had broke, then after the race admitted that its the best fun he'd ever had in an F1 car!

After his qually results in the first four races (3rd,2nd,pole,2nd) i thought that he'd have a very sucessfull year, but the car let him down in the races as the tyres wouldn't retain heat after the safety car!

He has the skills, hopfully this year he will have the equipment!
By 7UpJordan
I think Button's got what it takes, after his win in Hungary he put in some great performances, all it needs is Honda to provide him a car to match his talent with, and I think the time is now.

He's definately not a DC, he needs to crash into the pit wall when coming in first. :P
By darwin dali
He's definately not a DC, he needs to crash into the pit wall when coming in first. :P

Wouldn't put it past him...
By mstar
i never rated DC, in a title winning car he never got close to mika and lets face it, he never troubled mika and i am suprised he never won as much races as he likes to brag.
By bud
i never rated DC, in a title winning car he never got close to mika and lets face it, he never troubled mika and i am suprised he never won as much races as he likes to brag.

You might want to check your stats before you make such comments.

have a look at how many seasons DC actually out scored Mika
By mstar

You might want to check your stats before you make such comments.

have a look at how many seasons DC actually out scored Mika

bud the championship seasons when Mclaren won the WDC DC just could not grab the opportunity like mika did. Mika won more races etc etc
By bud
Well he troubled Mika enough to outscore him in a couple of seasons. And also pulling over to let Mika win in his first two GP victories.
and yeah 98 99 Mika took the titles while DC didnt, this is funny because its a simple explaination.
Mika just beat DC simple. Just like DC beat Mika in 97 & 01
One athlete beating another happens alot in sports so im told.....
By mstar
bud, DC did not out drive mika in 97, 01. mika was still the dominant person in the team, if i remember correctly didn't mika have the mclaren reliability issues, certainly for 01, that enabled DC to outscore him?
By bud
jesus he gave Mika his first win in 97 and then his second win in 98. and in 01 Mika was off with the fairies, and i remember at monaco DC had pole only to have an electrical glitch on the grid and had to start from the back. reliablitiy issues the cause for DC outscoring Mika ? Pfff now youre just making excuses about something you obviously dont even remember!

See our F1 related articles too!